John Travolta to be quizzed over dead sons drug banJanuary 6th, 2009 - 12:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 6 (ANI): John Travolta, who recently lost his son Jett following a seizure, will reportedly be quizzed over the 16-year-olds medication.
The Pulp Fiction actor and his wife Kelly Preston will purportedly face questions following claims that they suspended their sons anti-seizure medicine.
Jett, who began suffering from fits at the age of two, had been found unconscious in a bathroom in the familys holiday home in the Bahamas.
He had later been taken to Rand Memorial Hospital, Freeport, where he was pronounced dead on January 2, reports the Daily Star.
Police and paramedics had speculated that the teenager had fallen and hit his head on a bath.
A post mortem revealed seizures to be the cause of his death.
Travoltas attorney Michael Ossi had told TMZ.com that the teenager suffered from seizures at regular intervals, which often led him to loose consciousness.
He further said that Jett had been taking a strong dose of Depakote for “several years” to control the attacks but the medication had eventually lost its effectiveness and began to cause serious physical damage” including damage to his liver.
It was claimed that the 54-year-old father and his better half had discontinued administering the drug after consulting neurosurgeons.
Jett was also speculated to have been suffering from autism, a brain development disorder that impairs social interaction and communication, and also produces restricted and repetitive behaviour.
An autism activist had recently said Travoltas sons health could have seen better days had his Scientology practising parents decided not to follow their religion’’s anti-medicine theories.
But the grieving couple have repeatedly denied the allegation saying their son was diagnosed with the Kawasaki disease - a rare illness that leads to inflammation of the blood vessels in young kids, with the most serious effect on the heart. (ANI)
- Travoltas late son not victim of cult, say scientologists - Jan 07, 2009
- Travoltas son could have been saved avoiding Scientologys anti-medicine theories, says activist - Jan 05, 2009
- Travolta''s son suffered from ''extremely serious'' seizures for years, says attorney - Jan 05, 2009
- Presley blasts critics for using Travolta tragedy to attack Scientology - Jan 07, 2009
- Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks send condolences to Travolta - Jan 05, 2009
- Billy Ray Cyrus offers condolences to devastated John Travolta, wife - Jan 06, 2009
- Travolta, wife begged son to wake up in ambulance - Jan 05, 2009
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- John Travolta poised to personally fly sons body home - Jan 06, 2009
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- Scientology helped overcome son's death: Preston - Aug 18, 2011
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- Childhood disease unlikely to have kill Travoltas son, say docs - Jan 03, 2009
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010
- Wife's pregnancy a miracle, says Travolta - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: 16 year olds, attorney michael, better days, brain development, daily star, depakote, inflammation of the blood vessels, john travolta, kawasaki disease, kelly preston, loose consciousness, paramedics, post mortem, pulp fiction, quizzed, rare illness, repetitive behaviour, social interaction, wife kelly, young kids