John Travolta struggling to cope with son’s death, says Denzel WashingtonMay 30th, 2009 - 2:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 30 (ANI): Denzel Washington has revealed he spoke at length with his pal-actor John Travolta, who is trying to cope with death of his 16-year-old son Jett.
The two-time Oscar winner revealed he mostly listened while Travolta poured his heart out during their long phone chat.
“Needless to say, he’s struggling. So more than talking to him, I listened to him, for about two or three hours,” People quoted him as saying.
Washington, who co-stars with the grieving star in The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, further said Travolta’s healing process is “going to take time”.
He added: “What can you say, really? Just be there as a friend, because he’s such a sweet, sweet person. Our prayers are with he and his wife.”
Jett died from a seizure during a family holiday in the Bahamas on January 2. (ANI)
- Grieving Travolta pulls out of movie promotion - May 31, 2009
- Grieving Travolta thanks colleagues for 'unselfish efforts' - Jun 09, 2009
- Travolta's wife expecting a son - Aug 26, 2010
- Scientology helped me deal with son's death: John Travolta - Jan 29, 2010
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- John Travolta and wife Kelly to name baby boy 'Benjamin' - Nov 08, 2010
- John Travolta welcomes third child - Nov 24, 2010
- Wife's pregnancy a miracle, says Travolta - Jun 04, 2010
- John Travolta 'spoke to dead son about new baby in dream' - Aug 01, 2010
- John Travolta and Kelly Preston show off their newborn baby boy - Jan 13, 2011
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Travolta thanks Hollywood co-stars for support - Jun 12, 2009
- Travoltas pay tribute to late son Jett in South Africa - Jun 25, 2009
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010