John Travolta says he did everything he could to keep Jett aliveJanuary 5th, 2009 - 3:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 5 (ANI): Heartbroken John Travolta has revealed how the actor tried his best to keep his son from passing away.
Sixteen-year-old Jett, who had a history of seizures arising from the rare condition Kawasaki Disease, had been found unconscious on January 2 by caretaker Jeff Katharain.
He is thought to have died after hitting his head on a bathtub following a seizure in a hotel bathroom on a family holiday in the Bahamas.
The 54-year-old grieving father had come in shortly and administered CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) an emergency medical procedure on his son, who was later pronounced dead at a Freeport hospital.
I tried the kiss of life for about 20 minutes. I wouldnt give up. Jeff gave Jett CPR, the Sun quoted him as saying.
I did everything I could to keep Jett alive. The paramedics took over from me when they arrived, he added.
Travoltas lawyer Michael McDermott revealed the measures taken to ensure that Jett was properly looked after.
He said: John and Kelly had everything possible set up for an emergency in Jetts life. Jeff slept 8ft from Jett. There was a baby monitor right next to him in his bed. And a chimer attached to the bathroom door announced when Jett was going in. All this was because he was prone to seizures.
It is yet to be determined whether Jett fell to the floor as a result of a seizure or he had a seizure after falling or slipping.
An autopsy is due to be performed on Jett to determine the cause of his death. (ANI)
- John Travolta tried to resuscitate son when he saw him lifeless on floor - Jan 04, 2009
- Heartbroken Travolta speaks out for first time about sons death - Jan 05, 2009
- Travoltas son could have been saved avoiding Scientologys anti-medicine theories, says activist - Jan 05, 2009
- Autopsy on John Travolta''s son planned in Bahamas - Jan 04, 2009
- Travolta, wife begged son to wake up in ambulance - Jan 05, 2009
- Travolta''s son suffered from ''extremely serious'' seizures for years, says attorney - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travolta blackmail saga continues in court - Oct 15, 2009
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- John Travoltas 16yr-old son dies in bath - Jan 03, 2009
- Travoltas late son not victim of cult, say scientologists - Jan 07, 2009
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- Jett Travoltas nanny lacked childcare qualifications - Jan 10, 2009
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Expecting New Member In The Family - May 19, 2010
Tags: autopsy, bahamas, bathtub, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, caretaker, chimer, family holiday, freeport hospital, heartbroken, hotel bathroom, john travolta, kawasaki disease, kiss of life, lawyer, medical procedure, michael mcdermott, paramedics, rare condition, seizure, seizures