John Travolta praises HollywoodNovember 18th, 2010 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 17 (IANS) Hollywood actor John Travolta says Hollywood has changed for the better since he first broke into the acting industry in the ’70s.
The 56-year-old star, whose breakthrough role came in 1977 with “Saturday Night Fever”, thinks studios were previously “intimidating and threatening”, leading to actors becoming insecure, but now he believes people in the film industry are keen to see their peers succeed.
“Hollywood is more friendly now than it’s ever been. When I started out in the ’70s, the business side of Hollywood was dominant,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
“Books on the techniques of business intimidation were really popular at the time. I forget the titles now, but they were all about intimidation and making a person feel threatened so they could be manipulated.”
“The artists were made to feel insecure, the studios got more powerful and no one wanted each other to do well. Those were the old days,” Travolta recalled.
“I don’t find that now: artists hang out with other artists, and the business people no longer rely on intimidation as a part of their modus operandi.”
- 'Saturday Night Fever' suit found - Aug 07, 2012
- John Travolta-Akshay Kumar to dance on stage together - Sep 25, 2010
- John Travolta-Akshay Kumar To Dance On Stage Together? - Sep 25, 2010
- Everyone knows Travolta is gay, says Carrie Fisher - Dec 12, 2010
- John Travolta: Bollywood Can Inspire Hollywood - Oct 15, 2010
- Excited to be in India, glad to have this opportunity: John Travolta - Sep 27, 2010
- Indian actors a recognizable force overseas: Big B - Sep 12, 2011
- Concept to can: luring Hollywood to Hyderabad (With Images) - Apr 17, 2012
- Akshay-Ash take a trip down the memory lane! - Apr 05, 2010
- Hollywood misses key tech ally - Oct 08, 2011
- Behind Bollywood's grease paint, the untold story (This is the fourth in a series by IANS on Bollywood's behind-the-scenes people) - Apr 11, 2011
- Filmmaking business is changing: Brad Pitt - Sep 10, 2011
- John Travolta is sweet and humble, says Abhishek - Sep 27, 2010
- Hollywood stars Hayek, Banderas shatter stereotypes - Oct 28, 2011
- Akshay Kumar To Shake A Leg With John Travolta At A Live Event - Sep 21, 2010