John Mayer Trio reunitesJune 5th, 2009 - 5:03 pm ICT by GD
John Mayer, singer and songwriter who is “waiting for the world to change” performed “California Dreamin” (The Mamas & The Papas cover) on the “Tonight Show with Conan O Brien”. The trio’s performance during the Tonight Show on the night of 4th June also marked the reunion of the three musicians.
John Mayer Trio is actually a blues rock band that came into being in the year 2005 in Los Angeles, California. John Mayer is the band’s singer, guitarist and songwriter. Pino Palladino is at the bass and Steve Jordon takes care of the drum beats. The band released their first album titled, “Try” in the later part of the same year that the band was formed.
One and a half years after the release of the trio’s first album, ‘Try’, Mayer released his solo album ‘Continiuum’ on September 12, 2006. It contained a couple of songs from the trio’s maiden album ‘Try’. On December 8, 2007, the Trio teamed up for another performance. During this performance Mayer performed on an acoustic set. This unplugged performance by the Trio is featured in the DVD version of the ‘Where the Light is’ that was released on July 1, 2008.
After forming the band the trio gave one of their first performances during the 47th Grammy Awards, where the band played Mayer’s single, “Daughters.” Apparently, later during the night it was for this song that Mayer went on to win the award for Best Male Vocal Performance. In the same year, in the month of October, the band toured as the opening act for the ‘Rolling Stones’.
- Singer of Hippie anthem `San Francisco' dies - Aug 21, 2012
- Elton John and Matthew Morrison team up for a duet - Apr 19, 2011
- Juanes to record acoustic music special for MTV - Dec 07, 2011
- Lady Antebellum release their 3rd album 'Own the Night' - Sep 14, 2011
- Matt Costa To Release 'Mobile Chateau - Sep 06, 2010
- Emeli Sande is back on the No. 1 spot with 'Our Version of Events' - May 28, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel vault to No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Sep 30, 2011
- 'No Doubt' to make a comeback with their new album - Jun 13, 2012
- Van Halen releases new song - Jan 10, 2012
- Taylor Swift Releases Her Third Album "Speak Now" - Oct 26, 2010
- CMT Awards Winners 2012 - Jun 07, 2012
- Pitbull wins pop songwriter prize - May 18, 2012
- Lady Antebellum releases album 'Own the night' - Sep 13, 2011
- Rod Stewart honoured with lifetime achievement award - Apr 30, 2011
- 53rd Annual Grammy Awards Winners List - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: 47th grammy awards, acoustic set, blues rock, california dreamin, conan o brien, december 8, first performances, grammy awards, john mayer trio, jordon, maiden album, opening act, pino palladino, rock band, s singer, solo album, three musicians, tonight show, unplugged performance, vocal performance