John Mayer Apologizes For Racist CommentFebruary 12th, 2010 - 9:08 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Nashville, Feb 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Singer John Mayer has been forced to apologize for the racist comments that he had made in his recent interview with the Playboy magazine. First, he had tweeted, admitting that he should never have made those comments, and that he should have been heedful to the fact that his comments might have hurt a great number of people. He particularly expressed his regret for using the “N”-word, promising that there would not be a repetition of it ever. However, this was not the end of the apologies. John Mayer again said sorry for his comments, this time, in the way he says it best, by singing.
In a recent concert that was held in Nashville, he took the stage not only to perform, but also took the opportunity to extend is apologies once more. It was an emotional apology, and according to some of the witnesses, he had teared over while he said how sorry he was about the whole issue. He admitted that he had uttered those words merely to sound clever, but in the process had forgotten that his words might have hurt many who love him.
He further commented that he had been sucked inside a “wormhole” of selfishness, and admitted that his actions have indeed become rather selfish and arrogant in his actions. From now on, he promised, he would prefer to stay as far away from the media as possible, and would also attempt to focus as much as possible on playing his guitar. He also expressed his grievances by saying what he said was absolutely the opposite of what he actually wanted to say.
- Critics continue to slam John Mayer for using 'N word' despite apology - Feb 13, 2010
- John Mayer apologises for using the 'N word' - Feb 11, 2010
- Senior Conservative party councillor Gerry Forsbrey forced to apologise after using the 'N-word' - Jun 08, 2012
- John Mayer: Turning Over A New Leaf? - Mar 01, 2010
- Mayer's 'racially charged' comments disgust Robinson Peete - Feb 14, 2010
- John Mayer Trying To Be Nice? - Mar 02, 2010
- Talk Radio Host Dr. Laura Schlessinger Expresses Apology For N-Word Rant - Aug 13, 2010
- Edited "n-word" in 'Huckleberry Finn' stirs heated debate - Jan 06, 2011
- Jessica Simpson responds in guarded tones to John Mayer's outburst - Feb 15, 2010
- Kindergarten Teacher Wants Apology For Tiger Woods Falsehoods - Apr 03, 2010
- 'Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein' - moral lesson about life (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 14, 2012
- Veteran Radio Talk Show Host Dr. Laura Schlessinger To End Her Radio Show - Aug 18, 2010
- John Mayer recovering after throat surgery - Oct 24, 2011
- Bill Maher Drops N-Word on Larry King Live - Sep 18, 2010
- Jessica Simpson Takes On John Mayer At The Oprah Show - Mar 04, 2010