John Malkovich to play Casanova in new Austrian theatre productionSeptember 15th, 2010 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 15 (ANI): The ‘Libertine’ star John Malkovich is set to play the role of an 18th century Casanova in a new Austrian theatre production.
The Hollywood actor is to star as an aged Casanova in ‘The Giacomo Variations’, which is described as a mix between a play and an opera and music has been provided by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
“It’s the closest I’ll ever get to realizing my boyhood dream of being in the Vienna Boys’ Choir,” the Mirror quoted John as telling to an Australian radio station.
‘The Giacomo Variations’ is slated to premiere at Vienna’s Ronacher Theatre in the beginning of the next year. (ANI)
- Austrian composer Mozart's music to get rainbow cast in Delhi - Jan 02, 2012
- Mozart's unpublished piano piece found - Mar 03, 2012
- East meets West in novel music initiative - Nov 24, 2011
- Previously unknown Mozart piece performed in Austria - Mar 24, 2012
- Mozart's cradle to Indian raga: Long journey for Austrian jazz band - Dec 04, 2010
- Two new Mozart pieces found - Jul 24, 2009
- 'Servus Ishq' - Indo-Austrian director's tribute to Bollywood - Apr 09, 2012
- Child prodigy performs with Mexican philharmonic - Mar 06, 2012
- Mozart 'killed by superbug like MRSA, not poison' - Aug 18, 2009
- Two new Mozart compositions uncovered - Jul 27, 2009
- Indian choir to perform in Toronto - Aug 09, 2011
- Italian tenor Bocelli sings at World Cup concert - Jul 10, 2010
- Mozart's Sonata keeps preemies healthy - Jan 08, 2010
- Whoopi Goldberg slips off her sandals while promoting 'Sister Act' in Austria - May 02, 2011
- Royal wedding will have just traditional hymns, no Elton John, James Blunt - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: 18th century, australian radio, boyhood dream, casanova, giacomo, hollywood, hollywood actor, john malkovich, libertine, london, mirror, opera, radio station, ronacher, variations, vienna boys choir, wolfgang amadeus mozart