John Lennon’s widow says Mark Chapman is still a threatAugust 6th, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, August 06 (ANI): John Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono has opposed parole for his killer as she feels that he still remains a potential threat 30 years after the ex-Beatle’s murder.
Lennon’s widow said that she was trying to be “practical” in asking that Mark Chapman remain behind bars for shooting dead the pop star on December 8 1980, outside Lennon’s Manhattan apartment building.
Chapman, who has been repeatedly denied parole, is up for review again this month in New York State.
Ono said Chapman might be a danger to her, other family members and perhaps even himself.
She did not elaborate, reports the Daily Express.
At his last parole hearing, Chapman said he was ashamed and sorry for gunning down the former Beatle.
He told the parole board he understood the gravity of his actions and was a changed man.
Ono, 77, made her remarks at a meeting of the Television Critics Association, while discussing a new PBS documentary on Lennon’s family and artistic life in New York in the 1970s. (ANI)
- Yoko Ono Does Not Want John Lennon's Killer Mark David Chapman On Parole - Aug 08, 2010
- Yoko Lennon Opposed To Parole For Killer - Aug 08, 2010
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono opposes the parole of John Lennon's killer - Mark David Chapman - Aug 08, 2010
- Mark David Chapman denied parole for the sixth time - Sep 08, 2010
- Wife of John Lennon's assassin could have saved the ex-Beatle - Dec 08, 2010
- Mark David Chapman Refused Parole Once More - Sep 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono is against the parole of John Lennon's killer - Jul 28, 2010
- Yoko Ono joyous over reunion between John Lennon's sons - Sep 27, 2010
- Yoko plans Lennon's 70th memorial birthday celebration in Iceland - Aug 29, 2010
- Yoko Ono still against parole for John Lennon's killer - Jul 27, 2010
- How Yoko Ono reacted when doc broke John Lennon's death news - Dec 06, 2010
- Brad Pitt in talks to play John Lennon? - Jan 08, 2011
- Doc opens up about murdered John Lennon's final moments - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: 1970s, apartment building, artistic life, daily express, december 8, family members, gravity, john lennon, london, manhattan apartment, mark chapman, new york state, parole board, pbs, pbs documentary, pop star, television critics association, widow yoko ono, yoko ono