John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ microphones up for grabsApril 30th, 2011 - 2:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 30 (ANI): John Lennon’s microphones and equipment, through which he recorded early solo albums and hit song ‘Imagine’, are set to go under hammer.
The former Beatle had the equipment installed at his Georgian manor house estate at Tittenhurst Park, near Ascot, in 1970.
The house became the recording venue for the Plastic Ono Band and Imagine albums.
The microphones, which will be sold online on May 11, are expected to fetch at least 5,000 pounds each, reports the BBC.
Lennon was joined by his wife Yoko Ono and fellow Beatles members Ringo Starr and George Harrison in using the microphones during recording sessions. (ANI)
- Ringo Starr joins Yoko Ono on stage at John Lennon tribute concert - Oct 11, 2010
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
- Lennon's loo up for grabs - Aug 23, 2010
- Yoko Ono Keeps The Legend Alive - Oct 08, 2010
- Beatles, iTunes deal still at impasse, says Yoko Ono - Aug 07, 2010
- Lennon's Abbey Road suit to go under hammer - Dec 18, 2010
- John Lennon's iconic 'Abbey Road' suit up for grabs - Dec 18, 2010
- Lady Gaga sings with Yoko Ono - Oct 05, 2010
- Yoko Ono, Google Join John Lennon's Birthday Celebrations - Oct 08, 2010
- Ono allows Lennon's single 'Mother' to be used in film - Oct 30, 2009
- Thirty years on, he's still the real Nowhere Man (Tribute) (Dec 8 is John Lennon's death anniversary) - Dec 07, 2010
- John Lennon's family feuds end for good - Sep 20, 2010
- Yoko Ono to make music for some more decades - Sep 27, 2009
- Remembering Lennon and his Indian connection - Oct 09, 2010
- Christopher Eccleston 'plays John Lennon in TV drama' - Nov 15, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,