John Lennon, Mick Jaggers new pics unearthedMarch 5th, 2009 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 5 (ANI): New photographs of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, which were clicked during the 1960s, have been discovered.
One of the pictures shows late Beatles member John Lennon taking a backstage cigarette break.
There is also one photograph showing Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards cutting Charlie Watts” hair, and one featuring Mick Jagger relaxing in front of the TV.
The photos, which have never been seen before, were clicked while the two bands toured America during the 1960s.
The pictures were found inside a duffel bag after 45 years.
The shots show the behind-the-scenes, intimate and unguarded moments of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, and they had been shot by their former tour manager Bob Bonis.
The collection of more than 50 pictures, being revealed to the public for the first time, are part of 3,500 pictures taken by Bonis, the US tour manager who helped organise the so-called British invasion of America in the Swinging Sixties.
The photographs, which also include poolside shots of the two bands drinking and relaxing, as well as goofing around in hotel rooms, were found by Bonis’’s son Alex stored in an old duffel bag.
Not Fade Away Gallery will premiere the exhibition, titled The British Are Coming: The Beatles and The Rolling Stones 1964 66, in New York.
Larry Marion, Gallery director, said that the frames captured a pivotal time in the two bands careers; their first tours of America from 1964 to 1966.
In more than 20 years as a rock archaeologist I”ve never come upon a discovery of this magnitude, the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
Ive shown the photos to Ringo, who loved them. Keith [Richards] is going to come see the show, he said.
Bonis, who died in 1991, had never meant to make the pictures public, and thus kept the negatives and slides private until his son decided to show the world. (ANI)
- Unseen Rolling Stones pics hidden in duffel bag for 40 yrs found - Dec 20, 2010
- Never-before-seen images show The Beatles on their last ever tour - Apr 07, 2011
- Keith Richards' daughter bares all for French Playboy - Jun 26, 2010
- John and Yoko portrait by Leibovitz to be auctioned - Sep 25, 2010
- Unseen Beatles photos go on display - Apr 28, 2010
- Monroe's nude pictures surface - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Beatles to Bowie' exhibition in London to display unseen celeb pics - Jun 26, 2009
- Unseen Marilyn Monroe pics revealing her playful side unveiled - Aug 17, 2010
- Keith Richards claims he was targeted by British government - Oct 17, 2010
- Keith Richards' daughter bares all for French Playboy - Jun 25, 2010
- Rolling Stones Plan Farewell Tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Never-before-seen photos of James Bond revealed after 50 yrs - Feb 12, 2011
- Rare Elvis Presley's photographs on display in London - Dec 09, 2009
- Paul McCartney releases a book on his late wife Linda - Apr 18, 2011
- Rolling Stones 'to rock Down Under in 2012 world tour' - May 23, 2010
Tags: 1960s, 45 years, beatles, british invasion, charlie watts, cigarette break, duffel bag, gallery director, hotel rooms, john lennon, keith richards, member john, mick jagger, mick jaggers, pivotal time, ringo, rolling stones guitarist, son alex, swinging sixties, unguarded moments