John Lennon counselled Petula Clark while having bed-in with wifeFebruary 20th, 2009 - 11:30 am ICT by ANI
London, February 20 (ANI): John Lennon had counselled then troubled Petula Clark when she needed guidance the most while having a bed-in with his wife Yoko Ono.
The veteran actress revealed that she had turned to Lennon in a desperate bid to seek advice following protests when she performed a bilingual gig in French-speaking Montreal in 1969.
I was a French star in Canada because I had lived in France. Then Downtown happened in the US, so when I went back to Montreal I thought, how nice, I can do a bilingual show. I was wrong, the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
I didnt know John but I needed to talk to somebody who wasnt in my immediate entourage because I felt I was in trouble.
So I nipped over to where he was having a bed-in with Yoko Ono. There was no security, I just walked in and there they were in bed. John said, Hi Petula!
I explained what was going on and asked him what I was supposed to do. He replied: F*** em.
I then discovered they were filming Give Peace A Chance in the next room, she added. (ANI
- Lady Gaga sings with Yoko Ono - Oct 05, 2010
- New John Lennon 'Bed-in for Peace' pics surface - Mar 13, 2010
- Lennon would have protested against Iraq war through Twitter, says Ono - Oct 09, 2010
- Beatles Christmas exhibition to recreate John -Yoko 'bed-in' - Nov 28, 2010
- My art reflects my affair with Lennon: Yoko Ono (With Image) - Jan 16, 2012
- I will learn a lot from Indian women: Yoko Ono - Jan 12, 2012
- Yoko Ono honoured with Niagara Falls key - May 28, 2009
- Unseen photos of John Lennon go on display - Jun 14, 2009
- Yoko Ono to bring multimedia art to India - Dec 04, 2011
- Lennon & Ono bed-in photos go on display - Jun 13, 2009
- Ono credits McCartney for saving her marriage - Oct 10, 2010
- John Lennon 'didn't want to be a dead hero' - Dec 09, 2010
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono's suite to open doors - Mar 05, 2009
- Lady Gaga exposes her rear in sheer jumpsuit at concert with Yoko Ono - Oct 04, 2010
- Yoko Ono credits Macca with saving her marriage to John Lennon - Oct 11, 2010