John Galliano found guiltySeptember 9th, 2011 - 9:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 9 (IANS) British designer John Galliano has been found guilty of racist and anti-Semitic behaviour by a Paris court.
Galliano, who was facing charges of “casting public insults based on origin, religious affiliation, race or ethnicity” by French authorities, was ordered by court Thursday to pay a total fine of £5;,200, reports guradian.co.uk.
The 50-year-old, who was not present in court during hearing, was arrested in February this year following an altercation with a couple outside a Paris cafe where he used racist and anti-Semitic language.
Following his arrest, Galliano was sacked from fashion house Dior and his eponymous label John Galliano.
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own fashion label following anti-Semitic rant - Apr 16, 2011
- John Galliano's show cancelled - Mar 05, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- Galliano facing defamation lawsuit - May 07, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from Dior - Mar 02, 2011
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own label - Apr 15, 2011
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- John Galliano's Paris Fashion Week show scrapped - Mar 05, 2011
- Designer John Galliano trial set for June 22 - May 13, 2011
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- Label dumps fashion legend John Galliano after arrest - Feb 26, 2011
- Christopher Kane to join Dior ? - Feb 29, 2012