John Forsythe, The Legendary Blake Carrington Of “Dynasty” DeadApril 3rd, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Los Angeles, Apr 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The famous American actor John Forsythe died on Thursday. The actor who was 92 years old and was suffering from cancer from a year died from complications arising from pneumonia. He breathed his last in Santa Ynez. The actor, who got married thrice in his life, is survived by his third wife Nicole Carter-Forsythe and his three children along with six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
The family has reportedly said that the actor had a dignified and graceful death. His daughter, Brooke Forsythe said that the actor died as he had lived his life, with grace and dignity. The publicist for the actor Harlan Ball has mentioned that the family of the deceased actor requests people who want to pay their last tributes to the actor to donate money to the American Cancer Society. The publicist also mentioned that the family will hold no public service.
The actor is best known for his role as Blake Carrington, a patriarch in 1980’s television series “Dynasty” which ran on television for eight years. He had also been the mysterious voice of Charlie in the popular series “Charlie’s Angels”. He had in his lifetime achieved many awards for his performances. On John Forsythe’s death, his former “Dynasty” co-star Heather Locklear remembered him as a “gifted actor who knew the true meaning of being gracious and kind”. His screen wife in “Dynasty” played by Joan Collins remembered him as a gracious actor and said that she had enjoyed their fights on screen. John Forsythe had won the Golden Globe Award twice for his performance in “Dynasty” and was nominated thrice for his role as Blake Carrington in the Emmy Awards.
- Joan Collins pays tribute to Dynasty star John Forsythe - Apr 03, 2010
- Dynasty actor John Forsythe passes away at 92 - Apr 03, 2010
- Joan Collins Desires Her Dynasty To Be Continued By Gemma Arterton - Jan 15, 2011
- 'M*A*S*H' star Harry Morgan dies in California - Dec 08, 2011
- Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor dead at 79 - Mar 23, 2011
- "Pink Panther" Director Blake Edwards Passes Away At 88 - Dec 17, 2010
- The "Titanic" Actress Gloria Stuart Passes Away At Her Los Angeles Home - Sep 28, 2010
- Director Blake Edwards dies from pneumonia aged 88 - Dec 17, 2010
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb dies of cancer - May 22, 2012
- Denise Richards, Richie Sambora split again - Jun 13, 2012
- Actor David Nelson dies at age 74 - Jan 13, 2011
- Actor Ben Gazzara dies in US - Feb 05, 2012
- Malaysian man, 110, to marry 82-yr-old woman who agreed to be his bride - Jan 03, 2011
- 103-year-old woman is Facebook's oldest user - Dec 16, 2010
- Charlie Murphy's Wife Succumbed To Cancer - Dec 16, 2009
Tags: actor john forsythe, american actor, american cancer society, blake carrington, charlie s angels, co star, daughter brooke, emmy awards, gifted actor, golden globe award, gracious actor, heather locklear, joan collins, john forsythe, meena, mysterious voice, patriarch, publicist, santa ynez, wife nicole