John F. Kennedy’s wife hated Elizabeth TaylorApril 11th, 2011 - 2:37 am ICT by IANS
London, April 11 (IANS) Late actress Elizabeth Taylor had invited a jealous wrath of Jackie Kennedy, who accused her of having an affair with her husband and the then US president John F. Kennedy.
The astonishing details of their bitter feud have been revealed in Taylor’s private diaries, which she maintained since childhood days.
“When they are edited and published, as she requested, they will amaze fans and historians,” express.co.uk quoted one of the late screen icon’s closest friends as saying.
A number of entries, at the time Kennedy was planning his 1960 presidential campaign, refer to several private meetings with “Jack” at his bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
“She was married to Eddie Fisher, her fourth husband, at the time. And she was thrilled to be invited to meet Kennedy during one of his campaign fund-raising visits to California,” said the friend.
Both of them hit off so well that John had invited her to see him a number of times, however, Taylor had a tough time convincing his wife Jackie that her relationship with John was nothing more than just friendship.
“Liz swore her relationship with Kennedy never went beyond friendship, but Jackie was convinced they had an affair and said some vicious things about Elizabeth that got back to her,” the friend said.
Another stunning revelations included that Taylor’s greatest love, Richard Burton, resorted to physical violence several times during their relationship.
- Jackie Kennedy 'feared JFK would have affair with Liz Taylor' - Apr 10, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan's Wardrobe malfunction in 'Dick and Liz' - Jun 06, 2012
- Fisher did the first 'Brangelina' by dumping Reynolds for Taylor - Sep 27, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor On Twitter Denying Engagement - Apr 13, 2010
- Megan Fox not in line for Taylor role - Jan 27, 2012
- Dame Elizabeth Taylor denies engagement rumors with Jason Winters - Apr 13, 2010
- Eddie Fisher Bids The World Goodbye - Sep 26, 2010
- Debbie Reynolds says she forgave Liz Taylor for stealing hubby years ago - Mar 27, 2011
- Battle over Liz Taylor memoirs begins just days after her death - Mar 25, 2011
- Probation ends, Lindsay excited to play Taylor - Mar 30, 2012
- Eddie Fisher's Death Shocks Ex-Wife Connie Stevens - Sep 25, 2010
- No One Can Replace Liz Taylor - Jul 23, 2010
- Liz Taylor wrote 'goodbye' love letter to 'loyal' ex-hubby Fortensky - Mar 28, 2011
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Liz Taylor in biopic? - May 01, 2011
- Is Angelina Jolie A Mixture Of Elizabeth Taylor And Audrey Hepburn? - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: actress elizabeth taylor, beverly hills hotel, bitter feud, campaign fund, childhood days, eddie fisher, elizabeth taylor, express co, having an affair, jackie kennedy, john f kennedy, physical violence, president john f kennedy, presidential campaign, private diaries, private meetings, richard burton, screen icon, stunning revelations, wife jackie