John does stunts without cables in ‘Force’August 19th, 2011 - 9:54 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 19 (IANS) After Salman Khan in “Dabangg” and Ajay Devgn in “Singham”, get ready for John Abraham’s cop film, “Force”, in which the star performs gravity defying stunts without the protective cables.
“He was very flexible and I didn’t use any cables. This is the first time I did any action without using any cables. John has done everything by himself,” popular action director Allan Amin told IANS.
“He had to jump from 150 ft on an air bag without using any cables and he had to pick a bike of 150 kg, which again he did without cables,” said Amin, who was also the action director of “Dhoom”.
“It has action like ‘Satya’ but is completely stylised,” he added.
Amin shoots down reports of John’s injury while doing the dangerous stunts, saying: “He was not injured, he was bruised while doing bare body stunts. If you fall on ground with that much of weight, obviously you are going to get a scratch.”
In this remake of the Tamil film “Kaakha Kaakha”, John is paired with Genelia D’Soza.
The model-turned-actor made his debut in Bollywood as a passionate lover with “Jism” (2003) and then moved on to action with “Dhoom” (2004) followed by “Kaal” and then the terrorist drama “New York” (2008).
Amin, the man behind stunts in the first two instalments of “Dhoom”, isn’t sure about part three, but says there will be incredible action sequences in his next project with Abhishek Bachchan called “Players”, an official remake of “The Italian Job”.
“I don’t know ‘Dhoom 3′, but my ‘Players’ is coming now. It’s a very different film. It’s ‘The Italian Job’, but I tried to make all the action sequences much bigger and better than ‘The Italian Job’,” said Amin.
Interestingly, Amin stays away from watching Bollywood or Hollywood action films and says he takes inspiration from story books.
“I read lots of storybooks. In a book the writer gives the finer details of the action sequences; so you learn from that. If you follow any particular style, it shows that you have copied. I read novels of Frederick Forsyth and Wilbur Smith,” he said.
The action director has already hosted a stunt-based reality show “Stunt Mania”. He is also set to judge another action reality show “Jaanbaaz” along with actor Sunny Deol.
- John breaks 'anti-graft handi' in Hazare's support - Aug 22, 2011
- John focuses on action roles now - Oct 31, 2010
- Fardeen Khan Gets Generous With John Abraham - Apr 26, 2010
- I do one film a year: John Abraham - Sep 29, 2011
- 'Force' scores over other films at box office - Oct 04, 2011
- Fardeen Khan gets generous with John Abraham - Apr 26, 2010
- John not ready to give up romantic hero tag - Sep 28, 2011
- Get ready for action, thrill, comedy this Friday - Sep 26, 2011
- John hopes 'Force' will get him recognised as an action hero - Sep 08, 2011
- Badami makes Akshay sentimental (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Shaurya shot 'Krrish 3' action scenes without stunt double - Aug 01, 2012
- I enjoyed doing stunts in 'Players': Neil - Nov 23, 2011
- Nishikant Kamat in acting mode, 'Force 2' can wait - Jan 21, 2012
- Imran jumps from plane onto train for 'Luck' - May 27, 2009
- Kareena working with Salman, training for Aamir - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, action director, action films, action sequences, ajay, amin, cop film, dangerous stunts, dhoom, film force, genelia, instalments, italian job, jism, john abraham, passionate lover, salman khan, story books, storybooks, tamil film