John Abraham’s photo not obscene, rules courtJune 5th, 2012 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) Bollywood actor John Abraham’s photo published in a daily in June 2009 is not obscene, a Delhi court has ruled and rejected a plea for issuing summons against him.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajneesh Kumar Gupta Monday ruled that the picture of Abraham published in a daily June 11, 2009, was aimed at giving information on Bollywood.
The court dismissed the plea of Chander Mohan Dua, a resident of Kirti Nagar in west Delhi, that the photo of the actor’s naked upper body was obscene and vulgar.
Dua in his plea asked the court to issue summons against Abraham and the editor and the publisher of the daily.
“After going through the photograph of John Abraham and the contents of the news item, I am of the opinion that the picture is not obscene,” said the court.
The court did not find any infirmity or illegality in a magistrate court’s order which rejected Dua’s plea earlier.
- Police asked to probe complaint against John Abraham - Jul 07, 2009
- John Abraham detained, out on bail in accident case (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- High court quashes proceedings against Microsoft India - Mar 19, 2012
- Notice issued to Delhi Police on Yahoo plea - Jan 20, 2012
- John Abraham detained, to move high court (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Actor John Abraham detained - Mar 09, 2012
- Petition against Veena Malik dismissed - Dec 08, 2011
- Court quashes proceedings against Microsoft India (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Website content: Google, Facebook plea to be heard Aug 7 (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Court rejects plea for plagiarism case against Bhandarkar - Jun 27, 2012
- Court refuses to stay summons against Google, Facebook - Feb 16, 2012
- Chinese porn industry in crisis after crackdown - Nov 11, 2010
- Court quashes summons against Yahoo for lack of evidence (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Google has right to remove content, court told - Feb 02, 2012
- Court summons former army chief in defamation case (Third lead) - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: actor john abraham, bollywood actor john abraham, chander, delhi court, gupta, illegality, infirmity, john abraham, magistrate court, mohan, New Delhi, news item, photo, photograph, plea, rajneesh kumar, sessions, summons, west delhi