John Abraham goes lean for ‘Shootout At Wadala’February 20th, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 20 (IANS) John Abraham has displayed his brawny and chiselled physique in many films, but now he will have to get rid of it to suit his role in his upcoming movie “Shootout at Wadala”, inspired by a real life incident.
The actor has apparently been asked to shed 20 kg to play Manya Surve in the film, based on the 1982 incident in which the infamous gangster was shot dead in Mumbai.
John is on a strict diet of fish, sushi, protein shakes, juices and soups to achieve the look, which will be seen in the first half of the film. But he will appear in a more muscular build towards the climax.
“Manya Surve has to look really lean in the first 20 minutes of the film, till he gets into jail and starts working out. So there is an actual physical transformation that my character goes through in the film,” said John.
The 39-year-old is taking training from Vinod Channa.
“At times I feel like breaking down. People always talk about losing weight, but it is a very difficult process. If not supervised properly, it can go really wrong. But thankfully my trainer Vinod has been religiously working with me on it,” he added.
Directed by Sanjay Gupta, Balaji Motion Pictures’ “Shootout at Wadala”, also features Anil Kapoor and Kangna Ranaut. It goes on floors in March.
- I researched a lot about Manya Surve: John Abraham - Mar 02, 2012
- Kangna follows Rekha, Smita's footsteps - Mar 19, 2012
- Cops turn entertainers in Bollywood (Feature) - Jan 29, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- I'm super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu Sood - Apr 18, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' to release May Day in 2013 - Aug 16, 2012
- Ekta describes 'Shootout at Wadala' as real - Mar 01, 2012
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Talaash' pushes 'Shootout At Wadala' release to 2013 - May 02, 2012
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- 'Shootout...' was not possible without 'Dongri to Dubai': Gupta - May 11, 2012
- 'Shootout at Wadala' my most challenging film: Sanjay Gupta - May 01, 2012
- Ajay turns 43, celebrates on set (Movie Snippets) - Apr 02, 2012
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta booked for forgery - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: anil kapoor, balaji, channa, climax, gangster, john abraham, juices, kangna ranaut, kg, losing weight, motion pictures, mumbai, physical transformation, physique, protein, sanjay gupta, soups, strict diet, surve, sushi