John Abraham Fractures His FootJune 1st, 2009 - 1:05 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
John Abraham seems to be running through a rough patch. The most recent mishap, and perhaps the most major of them all happened on Saturday when during shooting, John fractured his foot.
It happened while shooting a day-long cricket match for David Dhawan’s Hook Ya Crook.
Says a close friend of John, “The hard ball shot straight through the air and bang into John’s right foot and he heard a distinct crack. John knew something had gone awfully wrong in his foot. But he continued shooting throughout the day because he didn’t want to disrupt David’s schedule which required special permission for outdoor shooting.”
It was only after the day’s shooting that John, by then cringing in pain, he sat down to examine the damage.
“The foot had swollen to twice its normal size. It wasn’t just a pulled muscle or a torn ligament as John had hoped. It was a full-blown fracture. And by playing cricket on the injured foot John made it worse,” says the friend.
After pack-up John walked to his car, drove off to the doctor who finally told John what he suspected the whole day.
Verdict passed, John was rushed to the hospital in acute pain. Now his foot is in a cast for a month.
Fortunately for the actor there’s no shooting to be completed. The next one month is devoted to acting workshops for Abbas Tyrewala which John can somehow limp through.
But all his friends and family agree the last week has been tough on John.
“He was down with a severe viral fever, followed by the whole unsavoury link-up with Katrina Kaif. Then John lost a favourite Uncle. And now his foot is fractured. Hopefully this is the climax of his crises,” says the friend.
Says John, “I really wouldn’t like to talk about it. But yes, I’m in a lot of pain. Fortunately no film is going to get affected.”
Bipasha Basu got to know about John’s injury on Sunday morning. John had sent her on an sms about his condition on Saturday night. But she had already gone to sleep. Now she’s expected to rush back as soon as possible.
“It’s sad. But John was foolish to keep on playing when his foot was hurt instead of getting it checked.”
- John Abraham fractures his foot - Jun 01, 2009
- When John's reel life bore uncanny resemblance to real! - Mar 28, 2012
- Seven Australian cricketers including Ponting on road to recovery - May 26, 2011
- Abbas Tyrewala hires 'The Hurt Locker' art director - Mar 11, 2010
- Not making 'Jaane Tu...' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala - Mar 13, 2012
- John Abraham Plays A Nerd In Abbas' Film - Aug 18, 2010
- John Abraham plays a nerd in 'Jhootha Hi Sahi' - Aug 18, 2010
- Veena Malik goes missing in Mumbai - Dec 17, 2011
- Akshay misses family while shooting - Apr 20, 2011
- Pattinson ruled out of India series, Star named replacement - Jan 06, 2012
- Salman will watch 'Rascals' - Oct 03, 2011
- John Abraham faces biggest challenge on the sets of '1:800 Love' - Oct 24, 2009
- Abbas Tyrewala's wife collapsed while shooting romantic song - May 25, 2010
- Is “Jhootha Hi Sahi” Inspired From “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”? - Oct 23, 2010
- How Arjun surprised his family? (Movie Snippets) - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: abbas, acting workshops, acute pain, bipasha basu, climax, cricket match, crises, david dhawan, doctor who, fracture, john abraham, katrina kaif, mishap, right foot, rough patch, s hook, subhash k jha, sunday morning, torn ligament, viral fever