Johar recalls ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ premiere (Movie Snippets)October 16th, 2011 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 16 (IANS) “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai” released this day 13 years ago, and filmmaker Karan Johar recalls how he was a wreck of nerves at the premiere of the film that went on to become a superhit.
“‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ released on 16th October, 1998… I still remember all 120 kg of myself standing nervously at the premiere!!” Johar posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
The movie, featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukerji, was Johar’s directorial debut under his father, late Yash Johar’s banner Dharma Productions.
A heartwarming story about love and friendship, the movie went on to win the National Award for providing wholesome entertainment, in 1999.
Johar is now a successful filmmaker, and quite fit and fine at 39.
Shahana learns Bharatnatyam for new film
Actress Shahana Goswami is having a tough but exciting time picking up Bharatnatyam steps for a new film.
“For those of you asking what dance class - Bharatnatyam. It’s for a film I’m starting in January. Not an Indian film but very exciting,” tweeted Shahana.
The 25-year-old, who has featured in films like “Rock On!!”, “Break Ke Baad” and “Game”, is a trained Odissi dancer.
“I’ve done 10 years of Odissi and my god, is it difficult to learn another form. Your body gets so used to moving in one way…But enjoying it now,” she added.
Shahana is also looking forward to superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s mega-budget production “RA.One”, in which she has a role.
“Inching closer to the release of ‘RA.One. Can’t wait to see how everyone reacts to it! So much sweat and blood gone into it… It has to b great! More I see @iamsrk more I want to see him. He’s addictive! He never fails to excite you with something new. He deserves all the love and more!” she posted.
“RA.One”, which also features Kareena Kapoor and Arjun Rampal, will release this Diwali, Oct 26.
Kabir Khan shoots ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ in Istanbul
Director Kabir Khan is busy panning his camera across Istanbul, where he has gone to shoot Yash Raj Films’ (YRF) “Ek Tha Tiger”, starring former off screen couple Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif.
“Tiger has landed in Istanbul… Schedule 2 begins. Stunning Istanbul… perfect backdrop for the Tiger in action,” Khan, who had earlier directed “Kabul Express” and “New York”, posted on Twitter.
YRF had released a one-of-its-kind digital poster for the movie in August. The poster pans into a wide view of a populated city, and gradually depicts a silhouette of a well-built man with a scarf flying from his neck. But Khan clarifies the city depicted in the poster is not Istanbul.
“That’s another magical city which I will reveal only in the film,” he tweeted. “Tigress bhi yahin hai (The tigress is also here)” — perhaps a reference to Katrina.
The film, to be released worldwide June 1, 2012, is based on a story by Aditya Chopra while the screenplay and dialogues are by Kabir and Neelesh Misra.
The first schedule took place in Dublin after Salman came back on his feet post his surgery to treat a nerve condition that has been causing pain in his cheeks and jaw.
- I'm honoured to be working with Yash-ji: Salman (With Images) - May 04, 2011
- YRF launches digital poster for 'Ek Tha Tiger' - Aug 11, 2011
- Salman roars in 'Ek Tha Tiger', teaser gets roaring response - May 11, 2012
- Salim Khan feels 'Ek Tha...' is Salman's landmark film - Jul 22, 2012
- No Plans to screen 'Tiger' for late RAW agent's family - Jul 27, 2012
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' not anti-Pakistan, assures Kabir Khan - Jul 11, 2012
- Kareena, Imran pairing USP of 'Ek Main...': Karan - Dec 15, 2011
- Expect fireworks at Bollywood box office this Diwali - Sep 02, 2012
- Kabir Khan calls 'Ek Tha Tiger' complete package - Aug 12, 2012
- Farah, Boman's 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' moment - Jul 17, 2012
- SRK itching to do romantic film - Sep 23, 2011
- Salman to resume shooting on Sep 10 - Sep 06, 2011
- 'Ek Tha Tiger' promises full on entertainment (IANS Preview) - Aug 13, 2012
- One can easily fall in love with Katrina: Salman - Jul 13, 2012
- Salman-Katrina's chemistry magical: Kabir Khan - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: 16th october, arjun rampal, budget production, dharma productions, directorial debut, film actress, goswami, heartwarming story, hellip, kabir khan, kareena kapoor, odissi dancer, rani mukerji, shah rukh khan, shah rukh khan kajol, shahana, superhit, sweat and blood, wholesome entertainment, wreck of nerves