Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy AwardsFebruary 14th, 2012 - 11:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Feb 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney took the stage during Grammys and took the audience and television viewers down the memory lane. McCartney and Walsh who gave the final performance had earlier performed the single “My Valentine” from his latest album.
When he gave the final performance on the night by singing some tracks from the Beatles’ project “Abbey Road,” many viewers started asking some questions which came as a shock to some people.
The question that was trending on Twitter on Monday was “Who is Paul McCartney.” That question was obviously coming from the generation who were not around to hear the Beatles but it got some fans of the group’s bass player infuriated.
Initially, the question was taken as a joke but when it became a trend, some replies started coming in. A Twitter user, obviously from the older generation, gave a frantic plea to parents. He wrote that, “Parents, teach your children who Paul McCartney is. Please.”
That definitely was not the only response that came from the fans of McCartney. Another user with the name @musicjojo93 replied the question when he wrote that, “Better ask somebody, young children, he is an icon no matter where you’re from.”
- Fans go mad for Macca's first Brazilian gig in 18 years - Nov 09, 2010
- Stella McCartney Welcomes Fourth Child Reiley Into Family - Dec 02, 2010
- McCartney raises voice to save baby elephant in India (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- McCartney urges Manmohan to celebrate vegetarianism - Jan 05, 2011
- Paul Rudd Hosts "Saturday Night Live", Paul McCartney Performs - Dec 12, 2010
- I'm an Obama fan, says Sir Paul McCartney - Jul 30, 2010
- Stella McCartney gives birth to a girl - Nov 30, 2010
- Paul McCartney paid £1 for Olympics performance - Jul 31, 2012
- Paul McCartney's White House Performance Aired On PBS - Jul 29, 2010
- When Lovato met McCartney - Apr 11, 2012
- McCartney falls on stage - Nov 25, 2010
- Paul McCartney Enthralls The Audience At The David Letterman Show - Jul 16, 2009
- Piano played by Beatles on sale - Jul 21, 2010
- Paul McCartney Tour 2010 Coming to Utah! - May 21, 2010
- Beatles letter put up for sale - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: abbey road, audience, bass player, beatles, feb 14, grammy awards, grammys, joe walsh, joke, memory lane, parents, paul mccartney, plea, shock, standing ovation, television viewers, twitter, valentine