Joe Pantoliano: To Be Honored For His DocumentaryJuly 31st, 2009 - 12:52 am ICT by GD
Joe Pantoliano would be presented the Saint Aire Award by the Woods Hole Film Festival. This actor has been instrumental in spreading awareness about mental illness through his new documentary named “No kidding, Me Too!”. Through this documentary Joe has tried to promote a better understanding of any kind of mental illness. Joe has been very excited about the documentary and has said in interactions with the media, “People say, my god, Joey, I didn’t want to see a movie about mental illness, but it was so funny.” Surely Joe is happy that people are enjoying his work.
In fact “No Kidding Me Too” is also an organization which is Joe’s brainchild. Along with other celebrities from the industry Joe is on a mission to spread proper information and understanding of mental illness. This foundation is a non profit one. Celebrities like Harrison Ford, Robin Williams and Marcia Gay Harden are all a part of it and they areon the advisory board also.
Joe Pantoliano, who is also called Joey Pants, lovingly by friends and fans, was born in 1951. He is a veteran of American TV and films. He has acted in more than 80 movies and TV shows. Some of his most memorable performances have been in movies like “Baby’s Day Out”, “The Matrix” and the TV show “The Sopranos”. Though he is acquainted with the craft of acting over many years, this new documentary named “No kidding, Me Too” has marked his debut as a director. Joe has made a special place in the heart of his fans while acting in “The Sopranos”, for which he won an Emmy in 2003.
- Caroline Flack denies that she is dating Joey Essex - Jan 30, 2012
- Paris Hilton donates $5,000 to struggling fan - Jul 31, 2012
- William Shatner not to be a part of 'Star Trek 2' - Jun 21, 2011
- A push for documentaries, courtesy Bollywood's Jaaved Jaaferi - Jan 14, 2012
- Bollywood has no dancing style of its own: Madhuri Dixit (Interview)(With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Astoria Celebrates The Goonies' 25th Anniversary - May 16, 2010
- Joe Jonas set for movie debut - Aug 31, 2011
- Anupam pays 'smiling tribute' to late father in Shimla - May 03, 2012
- First people to reach America were Asians, scientists confirm (The Funny Side) - Jul 27, 2012
- Joey Lawrence Shares His Philosophy, Talks About "Melissa & Joey" - Aug 18, 2010
- Spike Lee's MJ documentary in post production - Jul 10, 2012
- Tough to be No.1 father, husband: Govinda - Mar 03, 2012
- Melissa Joan Hart Talks About Her Role In "Melissa & Joey" - Aug 18, 2010
- Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith celebrate their anniversary with a high-five - Jun 11, 2012
- Unlike Balika Vadhu, Kashi has a social message: Jannat - Apr 10, 2010
Tags: advisory board, american tv, brainchild, celebrities, debut, director joe, documentary, emmy, harrison ford, joe pantoliano, joey, marcia gay harden, matrix, memorable performances, mental illness, place in the heart, robin williams, sopranos, veteran, woods hole film festival