Joe Jackson files lawsuit against MJ’s physician for wrongful deathJune 28th, 2010 - 9:52 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Jun 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The father of the King of Pop – Michael Jackson has filed a lawsuit against the personal physician of MJ – Dr. Conrad Murray. It ought to be mentioned that Michael Jackson had died from a suspected drug overdose on the 25th of June 2009.
Conrad Murray has also been charged with ‘involuntary manslaughter’ but in his defense Conrad says that he is innocent as MJ didn’t die due to his dose, and he also repeatedly insists that he didn’t administer the fatal dose.
Joe Jackson filed the lawsuit in a federal court in Los Angeles, on the first anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death – 25th June 2010. Joe is looking for damages to the tune of $75,000 as he is accusing the personal physician of ‘professional negligence and of withholding information about powerful anesthetic Propofol.’
One of the reasons why Joe Jackson wants a huge payout, is because he wasn’t taken care of, in Michael Jackson’s will and he is in financial dire straits too.
The court documents say that, “Defendants failed to inform the paramedics of defendants’ administration of various drugs to Michael Jackson, including the drug Propofol, and other benzodiazepines. Defendants demonstrated a disregard for Michael Jackson’s life by concealing the Propofol and the ‘polypharmacy’ Michael Jackson had received for months.”
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- Judge wants to review Michael Jackson medical records - Mar 23, 2011
- Joe Jackson prepares to sue MJ's physician over wrongful death - Jun 23, 2010
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Tito: Murray should be jailed for life - Nov 10, 2011
- Michael Jackson doctor's trial begins - Sep 27, 2011
- Michael's father Joe Jackson Files Lawsuit Against Dr. Murray - Jun 28, 2010
- Michael Jackson doctor found guilty of manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Conrad Murray seeks fingerprint test on syringe found under MJ's deathbed - Mar 18, 2011
- Michael Jackson: Events Leading To His Death Recounted By The Detective - Jan 11, 2011
- Jackson doctor can keep medical license, for now - Jun 15, 2010
- Conrad Murray Trial: Photos of dead Michael Jackson shown to court - Oct 12, 2011
- Joe Jackson Files Lawsuit Against Dr. Conrad Murray Alleging Negligence - Jun 28, 2010
- Jackson's doctor gets four-year jail term - Nov 30, 2011
- I didn't kill Jackson, stress did: Conrad Murray - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: 25th june, anesthetic, anniversary, court documents, damages, dire straits, disregard, dr conrad, drug overdose, involuntary manslaughter, joe jackson, king of pop, michael jackson, paramedics, personal physician, polypharmacy, pop michael jackson, professional negligence, propofol, wrongful death