Joe Jackson Files Lawsuit Against Dr. Conrad Murray Alleging NegligenceJune 28th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Los Angeles, June 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The mystery surrounding the death of King of Pop Micheal Jackson seems to have got murkier after his father Joe Jackson filed a wrongful death lawsuit against his son’s personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray. In the lawsuit that was filed in Los Angeles on Friday, which was the legendary singer’s first death anniversary, Joe Jackson claims that Dr. Conrad Murray’s negligence in administering Michael Jackson with Propofol resulted in his son’s demise.
The legal action taken by Joe Jackson gives a new twist to the controversy engulfing the death of the King of Pop. In the lawsuit, which seeks a whopping $75,000 in damages, Michael Jackson’s father goes on to accuse Dr. Conrad Murray of withhelding information about the drugs that were given to the musical icon while also alleging that the doctor was responsible for providing substandard medical treatment to the King of Pop. When asked about the lawsuit, Joe Jackson’s attorney Brian Oxman told news sources that they only want ‘justice for Michael Jackson’.
Meanwhile, after the lawsuit was filed in the Los Angeles court, the lawyers of Dr. Conrad Murray released a statement in which it has been emphasized that the doctor did not administer or prescribe any drugs which might have killed Micheal Jackson. At the same time, the attorneys also stressed that Dr. Conrad Murray has not been found guilty and his innocence would be established in the court. The statement also describes Micheal Jackson’s former personal physician as a responsible and compassionate doctor who is dedicated to the health of his patients.
- Joe Jackson prepares to sue MJ's physician over wrongful death - Jun 23, 2010
- Joe Jackson files lawsuit against MJ's physician for wrongful death - Jun 28, 2010
- MJ's dad to file wrongful death suit against Conrad Murray - Mar 25, 2010
- No Charges For Jackson's Seven "Other" Doctors - Jul 31, 2010
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Michael Jackson's dad wants to take legal action against Dr Conrad Murray - Mar 31, 2010
- MJ's seven other doctors won't face any charges - Jul 29, 2010
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- MJ's doc pleads not guilty - Jan 26, 2011
- MJ's dad files wrongful death lawsuit against son's doc - Jun 26, 2010
- MJ's son Prince Michael to testify in court - Jan 02, 2011
- MJ's dad fails in his bid to file wrongful death lawsuit papers - Jun 27, 2010
- Murray's lawyer fights wrongful death suit filed by MJ's father - Oct 12, 2010
- Conrad Murray's Preliminary Hearing Set For January 4 - Aug 24, 2010
- Michael's father Joe Jackson Files Lawsuit Against Dr. Murray - Jun 28, 2010
Tags: brian oxman, compassionate doctor, death anniversary, death of the king, demise, doctor who, dr conrad, father joe, gina gomez, joe jackson, king of pop, legendary singer, medical treatment, micheal jackson, musical icon, negligence, new twist, personal physician, propofol, wrongful death lawsuit