Joaquin Phoenix to play Edgar Allen Poe in comeback filmMarch 13th, 2010 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 13(ANI): Joaquin Phoenix is set to make a comeback to acting to play iconic American writer and poet Edgar Allen Poe.
The actor had decided to quit acting to launch his rap career.
He has only been seen in a string of bizarre TV interviews of late.
“I couldn’t be happier because I am doing a period film. It is a very special challenge because I have to recreate the sound textures of New York in 1854,” the Daily Star quoted Oscar winning sound engineer Resul Pookutty, as telling India’s Mumbai Mirror.
He added: “It’s an adaptation of The Beautiful Cigar Girl by Daniel Stashower and based on an eerie real-life experience of author Edgar Allan Poe which happened just months before his death. Joaquin plays Edgar Allen Poe.” (ANI)
- Resul Pookutty 's Oscar Experience - Mar 16, 2010
- No Oscar, but Pookutty still had a blast at awards - Mar 13, 2010
- John Cusack to Play Edgar Allan Poe in 'The Raven' - Aug 31, 2010
- Allen Poe darkest role ever: John Cusack (With Image) - May 17, 2012
- John Cusack to play Edgar Allan Poe in murder mystery - Aug 30, 2010
- I'm happy my films won eight national awards: Mammootty - Sep 15, 2010
- 'The Raven'- compelling film with inconsistent end (IANS Movie Review) - May 19, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone won't play Edgar Allen Poe in biopic - Jul 16, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix's "I'm Still Here" Is A Hoax - Sep 18, 2010
- Joaquin Phoenix docu 'packed with scenes of sex, drugs and nudity' - May 12, 2010
- Two Indians and Liv Ullmann - in one film - Dec 14, 2011
- Resul Pookutty Ropes In Amitabh Bachchan For His Directorial Venture - Nov 01, 2010
- Edgar Allan Poe finally gets his funeral - Oct 10, 2009
- Edgar Allan Poe has his funeral over the weekend - Oct 11, 2009
- Alcohol, drugs can stifle artistic creativity - Jun 26, 2010
Tags: adaptation, american writer, cigar girl, comeback film, daily star, daniel stashower, edgar allan poe, edgar allen poe, film london, India, joaquin phoenix, life experience, mirror, period film, poet edgar, rap career, sound engineer, sound textures, tv interviews