Joan Rivers Sued By Ex-ManagerJune 25th, 2010 - 8:18 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
New York, June 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Grammy winner for “Best Comedy Album” Joan Rivers, a veteran comedian is sued by her former manager William “Billy” Sammeth for more than $2 million where the latter claims that Joan Rivers defamed him in a documentary “Joan Rivers: A Piece Of Work” and that she owes him money for it. William Sammeth said in the legal papers that Joan Rivers defamed him in her documentary saying that he had ‘disappeared’ when she sacked him. The estranged manager has also submitted a list of Joan Rivers’ works and claims that he owes 10% of the money from them.
Joan Rivers, however, in response to this legal suit said in her statement that William Sammeth’s employment was ‘properly terminated’ in 2009 and that he does not owe any money any further. The court documents filed in New York shows that William Sammeth has said that he did not even get the share of the U.S. reality show “Celebrity Apprentice” and when he joined as her personal manager Joan Rivers’ career was ‘dormant.’ The former manger also goes on to say that the star who had been performing in 12 concerts per year damaged his reputation by making him appear as a no-show manager in her documentary. William Sammeth has also sued the film company apart from the noted comedian.
William Sammeth has also complained that Joan Rivers has insulted him by saying his behavior was inconsistent in one of her interviews. Joan Rivers has dismissed all these allegations saying that her former manager was making claims for the money for which he is not entitled to and showed her trust to the judicial system as it will “dispose” off his lawsuit in an appropriate “manner”.
- Joan Rivers sued by ex-manager - Jun 25, 2010
- Sammeth, Joan River's Ex-Manager, Sues Her - Jun 25, 2010
- Rihanna fires back at Joan Rivers - Aug 26, 2012
- Comedian Katt Williams Faces $578K Fine In Dog Attack Feud - Dec 19, 2010
- Nancy Dell'Olio loses court action against the Daily Mail - Dec 21, 2011
- Joan Rivers Flaunts Her Hot Body In Go Daddy Commercial - Feb 07, 2011
- Joan Rivers takes naked pictures of her daughter while she's showering - Feb 17, 2011
- Court rules that Jerome Young cant sell Terri Runnels' pics - Aug 17, 2011
- Tulisa sues ex over sex tape - Mar 26, 2012
- Joan Rivers Denies Speculations About Using Tabitha Taylor As Body Double - Feb 08, 2011
- Joan Rivers had over 700 surgical operations - Feb 06, 2012
- Su Pollard to star in 'Strictly Come Dancing' Christmas show - Nov 23, 2011
- Fox News cancels interview with Joan Rivers after Sarah Palin jibe - Jan 21, 2011
- Don Johnson Verdict Result - Jul 08, 2010
- Taylor Swift sued by ex-manager - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: allegations, billy sammeth, celebrity apprentice, comedy album, concerts, court documents, film company, gina gomez, grammy winner, joan rivers, judicial system, legal suit, money, personal manager, reality show, reputation, veteran comedian