JLo tops list of perfume makersJune 30th, 2012 - 8:12 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 30 (IANS) Singer Jennifer Lopez has topped a list of making the most profitable range of perfumes, earning $80 million out of it.
The singer banked the amount from her range of 18 perfumes that she released in the past 10 years, reports contactmusic.com.
The 42-year-old defeated actress Sarah Jessica Parker and singer Madonna.
Singer Britney Spears’ range which includes “Believe” and “Fantasy” was the fourth largest selling range. Singer Avril Lavigne came fifth, reports online beauty products retailer Escentual.com.
The company’s founder Rakesh Aggarwal said Lopez’s role as judge in “America Idol” helped her raise the sales.
“JLo remains the queen of the scent industry. I am sure starring on ‘American Idol’ with Simon Cowell has helped sales. The celebrity perfume market is massive and fashion can change very quickly, sometimes literally overnight,” Aggarwal said.
- Gaga's debut fragrance to smell of 'blood and semen' - Jan 28, 2011
- Britney Spears to release two-in-one fragrance - May 24, 2012
- Lavigne wants to judge 'The X Factor' - Feb 29, 2012
- Elizabeth Taylor' fragrance tops celebrity perfumes list - Dec 30, 2009
- Longoria Parker to launch signature perfume - Dec 23, 2009
- Now Bruce Willis to bring out own scent! - Apr 16, 2010
- Dame Elizabeth Taylor's fragrance tops celebrity perfumes poll - Dec 31, 2009
- Britney to release two-in-one fragrance - May 24, 2012
- Avril Lavigne's half-shaved hairdo - Jun 14, 2012
- Madonna to launch her own fragrance? - Sep 15, 2011
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson poses naked for magazine - Mar 09, 2012
- Hollywood style icons turn fashion designers - Aug 06, 2010
- Winehouse's dad wants her to launch perfume - Jul 23, 2009
- Jil Sander creates new scent - Jul 03, 2011
- Rihanna asks fans to name fragrance - Feb 28, 2010
Tags: 10 years, actress, aggarwal, america idol, american idol, avril lavigne, beauty products, britney spears, jennifer lopez, jlo, madonna singer, perfume, perfumes, queen, rakesh, sarah jessica parker, simon cowell, singer britney, singer madonna, tops