JLo, Sharon Stone bring more glitz to Brazil carnivalFebruary 20th, 2012 - 12:36 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Feb 20 (IANS/EFE) US actresses Jennifer Lopez and Sharon Stone arrived in Brazil as specially invited guests of the carnival celebrations in the cities of Rio de Janeiro and Salvador, respectively.
Lopez, who is currently starring in a Brazilian beer commercial, arrived at midday Sunday at Rio’s international airport along with her boyfriend, dancer Casper Smart, with whom she later emerged on the balcony of their hotel to greet her fans.
“I just arrived in Rio. Hi to everyone. My first time here during Carnival. I love Brazil,” wrote the actress and singer on her Twitter account.
Lopez will be present at the samba school parades in Rio, viewing the event from a guest box for the beer company for which she filmed the commercial that has been showing for the past several months on Brazilian television.
Meanwhile, actress Sharon Stone arrived Saturday evening in Salvador, the capital of the northeastern state of Bahia, which - along with Rio - has one of the most heavily attended Carnival events in the country.
The actress later went to the viewing box to watch the parade of bands passing through the streets of Salvador day and night during the carnival festivities.
- Five die in Brazil when elevator crashes - Apr 22, 2012
- Fun goes on in Brazil after samba parades end - Feb 17, 2010
- Beatles music fuels giant street party in Rio - Feb 21, 2012
- Mob kills murder suspect in Brazil - May 16, 2012
- Brazilian masterminds art thefts from behind bars - Jul 17, 2012
- Spanish firm cuts energy deal in Brazil - Sep 14, 2012
- 134 Brazilian prisoners escape in two jailbreaks - Nov 28, 2011
- Five cities hold 25 percent of Brazil's national wealth - Dec 15, 2011
- Woman to head Brazilian oil giant - Jan 24, 2012
- Cisco to invest $545 mn in Brazil - Apr 04, 2012
- Brazil's humpback whale population triples - Sep 04, 2012
- Violence causes over 25 percent of teen deaths in Brazil - Jul 19, 2012
- Noted Brazilian architect hospitalized - May 04, 2012
- Brazil busts $625 mn tax-evasion racket - Aug 18, 2011
- Carnival festivities turn violent in Brazil's biggest city - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,