J.Lo, Marc Anthony sue Silver Cross Ltd. for $5M over pram adFebruary 27th, 2009 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
New York, February 27 (ANI): Singer-actress Jennifer Lopez and her Grammy-winner husband Marc Anthony have filed a lawsuit for more than five million dollars against one Silver Cross Ltd., accusing the company of illegally used their photos in the advertisements of its prams.
According to the suit filed in federal court on Wednesday, the couple claim that the company used a photo of them doting over adorable twins Max and Emme in old-fashioned Silver Cross prams, which fetch a whopping 3,000 dollars each.
“Jennifer Lopez will be the envy of Long Island when she”’’s out and about with their new baby twins, thanks to two beautiful Onyx Black Silver Cross Balmoral prams she has taken for the pair,” the New York Daily News quoted the suit paper as stating as to what the company wrote in a caption on its Web site.
The picture, which has gone missing from Silver Cross”’’s Web site, was originally published in an exclusive spread in People magazine.
It showed the salsa sensation in a pink cardigan and his pop diva wife in a 1950”’’s-style floral dress pushing matching black prams. The twins were not visible.
The court document shows that Lopez and Anthony have accused the company of using the photo on its Web site as well as in print media and newsletters beginning in March 2008.
“(Silver Cross) intentionally deceived the public into believing that Lopez and Anthony endorse and sponsor (its) products. In doing so, (Silver Cross) sought to associate their products with the reputations, goodwill and glamour of Lopez and Anthony, as well as Lopez”’’s world-famous brand of apparel, cosmetics and fragrances,” the suit claims.
The court papers further state that Silver Cross continued using the photo despite being served with a cease and desist notice by Lopezs lawyers in April.
“Lopez and Anthony have invested considerable time, money and energy in the development of their respective prominence and prestige in the public eye. Defendants have sought to illegally capitalize on plaintiffs”” hard work,” the lawsuit said.
However, Jessica Proudfoot, a spokeswoman for the company, said: “Silver Cross are currently unaware of any proceedings taken against them and have had no communication from either Jennifer Lopez or her representatives on this matter.” (ANI)
- Jennifer Lopez sues British pram firm for 3.5 mn pounds - Feb 27, 2009
- Anthony probes Lopez's relationship with first hubby - Apr 22, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez & husband may have split because of Scientology - Aug 15, 2011
- Marc Anthony files for divorce from JLo - Apr 12, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez sued by ex-driver - May 01, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez takes her children to the sets of 'Papi' - Aug 23, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez treasures her anniversary ring - Mar 18, 2011
- Lopez buys $18 million home - Sep 29, 2011
- Lopez couldn't bond with twins - May 08, 2012
- Marc Anthony seeks joint custody of kids - Dec 22, 2011
- Miley Cyrus sex doll sold out - Apr 06, 2011
- Marc Anthony says that "They're saying I'm single" - Jul 18, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez gets surprise birthday party - Jul 26, 2012
- JLo likes sweet, good guys - Aug 15, 2012
- JLo developing TV drama about lesbian couple - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: actress jennifer lopez, baby twins, cardigan, cosmetics and fragrances, court document, cross ltd, floral dress, grammy winner, husband marc, j lo marc anthony, marc anthony, new york daily news, people magazine, pop diva, pram, public eye, reputations, salsa sensation, silver cross prams, york daily news