JK Rowling fumes after pal puts gifts on eBayFebruary 19th, 2009 - 1:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 19 (ANI): J.K. Rowling is reportedly enraged that items gifted to a pal have been put for sale on eBay.
The Harry Potter author was said to be livid that a 5,000-pound price tag had been placed on the gifts presented to a family friend before she hit the spotlight.
The items have been dubbed by owner Adrian Greenwood Rare Books as a rare insight into Rowlings creative processes.
They include a signed sketch of a boy, a list baby names, which later featured in her books, such as the Chamber of Secrets, and a hand-drawn invitation to her daughters third birthday party in Edinburgh.
These three items all come from a family friend of Rowling, the Sun quoted Greenwood as saying.
At least they were at the time when the items were given as gifts but we gather Ms Rowling is not pleased that they have been resold, Greenwood added. (ANI)
- US judge dismisses Harry Potter plagiarism suit - Jan 07, 2011
- JK Rowling slams Harry Potter plagiarism charges - Feb 18, 2010
- JK Rowling slams plagiarism claims - Feb 19, 2010
- Rowling's 'plagiarism' case to include US publishers - Jul 15, 2010
- Scottish thieves prefer Jacqueline Wilson' books to JK Rowling's - Apr 03, 2010
- J.K Rowling 'Harry Potter' Plagiarism Dismissed in US - Jan 08, 2011
- JK Rowling's autograph now most sought after in the world - Jul 16, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' author JK Rowling's story to be made into a movie in Canada - Feb 17, 2011
- J K Rowling embroiled in 'Harry Potter' plagiarism row - Oct 15, 2010
- JK Rowling mulling to build Hagrid's hut in her back garden - Apr 18, 2011
- Poppy Montgomery cast as JK Rowling in new TV biopic - Mar 14, 2011
- J.K. Rowling announces e-books, Pottermore - Jun 23, 2011
- Rowling plans 'Harry Potter' encyclopaedia - Apr 18, 2012
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe 'was worried about new Potter book rumours' - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: baby names, birthday party, chamber of secrets, creative processes, ebay, edinburgh, family friend, harry potter, harry potter author, invitation, j k rowling, jk rowling, london, ms rowling, price tag, rare books, rare insight, sketch, spotlight, third birthday