‘Jism 2′ for common man who understands erotica: PoojaJuly 19th, 2012 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 19 (IANS) Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt’s “Jism 2″ has been passed with an A-certificate by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). She says it is an adult film that targets mature audiences.
The 40-year-old said the film doesn’t target only multiplex audiences, adding she does not make “elite films”.
“I don’t wish it to be an elite product. I am catering the man on the streets and women who understand ‘the erotica’. It is an erotic sensual thriller…,” she added.
She clarified that she never wanted children to watch it.
“We applied for an ‘A’ because I am very clear that I want an ‘A’ and not a ‘U/A’. I am not making the the film for children, it’s an adult film for adult sensibilities. The adult audience is a sizeable number and it is big enough for my film,” Pooja told IANS.
Talking about the cuts made, she says there were few changes done.
“The censor board asked me to decrease the length of shots at four places or replace it with another one. Three out of which are in songs and one is a scene. One of them is the the song ‘Yeh kasoor’, which is already out on the internet,” she said adding that censor board left the cuts to “director’s discretion”.
“I think, by saying that they are being rather mature. I made the changes and genuinely felt it made my film more erotic. Otherwise, they did not tampered with a single dialogue or a scene.
“I have not tampered with sensual content at all. I promise, apart from ‘Jism’ 1, ‘Jism 2′ will be the most sensual film of our times and I assure that I will deliver that promise,” she said.
“Jism 2″, releasing Aug 3, is a sequel to the 2003 film, features Indo-Canadian porn star Sunny Leone, with Arunoday Singh and Randeep Hooda.
- Double-meaning not my style, says Pooja Bhatt - Jul 24, 2012
- 'Jism 2' gets 'A' certificate - Jul 18, 2012
- Pooja Bhatt wants 'Jism 2' to be her 'Arth' - Jul 28, 2012
- Gear up for romance, comedy, thriller this Friday (IANS Preview) - Jul 31, 2012
- 'Jism 2' TV promos will be toned down: Dino - Jul 02, 2012
- Only 'asexual' songs from 'Jism 2' on TV: Pooja Bhatt - Jun 27, 2012
- Censor board not into moral policing: Sharmila Tagore (Interview) - Jan 17, 2011
- Now Bollywood floats bold, uncut version online - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Jism 3' on cards, to be in 3D - Jul 22, 2012
- Nothing erotic about filming erotica: Pooja Bhatt (Movie Snippets) - May 18, 2012
- I would love to work with Aamir: Sunny Leone - Aug 07, 2012
- Won't accept cuts that mutilate 'Jism 2': Pooja Bhatt (Movie Snippets) - Jul 18, 2012
- Bipasha's 'Raaz 3' to uncover with Sunny's 'Jism 2' - Jul 23, 2012
- Arunoday Singh says he is fearless (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Why does censor board love Karan Johar? - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: adult audience, adult film, canadian porn, common man, elite product, film certification, film features, filmmaker, indo canadian, kasoor, mature audiences, pooja bhatt, porn star, randeep hooda, sensibilities, sensual content, sensual film, sizeable number, sunny leone, target