Jimmy Choo to work with Rob PruittApril 14th, 2012 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 14 (IANS) Designer Jimmy Choo is set to collaborate with New York-based visual artist Rob Pruitt on a new spring-summer 2013 range.
His fashion house will join forces with the contemporary artist on a capsule cruise collection, and the brand is hoping his influence will lead to the creation of some very collectible and uniquely beautiful products, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“We were captivated by Pruitt’s energy, his computer screen use of colour and the festive exuberance of his prints and materials; there were elements in his work that reminded us in subtle ways of the Jimmy Choo design iconography,” said Sandra Choi, creative director, Jimmy Choo.
“We sensed that Rob’s twist on Jimmy Choo glamour would yield something very collectible and uniquely beautiful,” she added.
The collection will feature shoes, small leather accessories and handbags, and it is expected to arrive in Jimmy Choo boutiques and online by November this year.
- Jimmy Choo's capsule collection of iconic styles - Jun 16, 2011
- Paco Rabanne announces new artistic director - Jun 06, 2012
- Jimmy Choo wants to buy back shoe chain he co-founded 15yrs ago - Mar 20, 2011
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- Jimmy Choo's 'Crystal Anniversary Collection': Whats In Store? - Nov 26, 2010
- Jimmy Choo creates men's shoes - Jan 20, 2011
- Stores shove LiLo's fashion line 6126 off their shelves - Feb 12, 2011
- After shoes, it's perfume now for Jimmy Choo - Oct 03, 2011
- 'What's the big fuss over Khar's fashion?' - Jul 28, 2011
- 'What's the big fuss over Khar's fashion?' (Lead, Correcting para 10) - Jul 28, 2011
- Jimmy Choo to create crystal shoes for anniversary - Nov 25, 2010
- Jimmy Choo launches new range of footwear for men - Jan 18, 2011
- Jimmy Choo sold for 525.5 mn pounds - May 23, 2011
- Kanye West to design scarves - Apr 06, 2011
- Unleash your spiritual side with Krishna, Buddha bags (With Images) - Aug 21, 2011
Tags: april 14, boutiques, computer screen, contemporary artist, creative director, cruise collection, elements, exuberance, fashion house, femalefirst, glamour, handbags, jimmy choo, leather accessories, new spring, prints, sandra choi, spring summer, subtle ways, visual artist