Jim Carrey’’s Yes Man tops UK box officeDecember 31st, 2008 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 31 (ANI): Jim Carrey’’s new comedy film Yes Man has topped the UK box office in its first weekend of release.
The film is based on a book by British writer Danny Wallace in which the protagonist makes a decision to change his life by saying yes to everything, reports the BBC.
The flick took 2.3 million pounds over three days.
Adam Sandler comedy Bedtime Stories entered the UK chart at number two, raking in 1.5million pounds. Baz Luhrmann’’s epic Australia completed the top three.
Indian film Ghajini was the only other new entry in this week’’s top ten.
Last week’’s number one, vampire romance Twilight slid to number five, while animated Madagascar sequel Escape 2 Africa fell from number two to number four. (ANI)
- Jennifer Anistons Marley & Me tops box office for second week running - Jan 05, 2009
- Taylor Lautner in 'Grown Ups 2'? - Apr 06, 2012
- Good versus evil back with a bang on silver screen - Sep 08, 2011
- Depp receives MTV Generation Award - Jun 05, 2012
- Jennifer Anistons Marley & Me tops weekend box office - Dec 29, 2008
- Jim Carrey calls Yes Man costar Rhys Darby a "brilliant colleague - Dec 22, 2008
- 'Breaking Dawn...' sets new record - Nov 22, 2011
- Marley & Me tops UK B.O. for second consecutive week - Mar 25, 2009
- Marley and Me highest-grossing film in North America on Christmas - Dec 28, 2008
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel back on track - Aug 04, 2012
- Is Jim Carrey Dating Indian model Anchal Joseph? - Jan 22, 2011
- Ben Affleck in 'The Great Gatsby'? - Apr 11, 2011
- Australian actor Bill Hunter dead - May 22, 2011
- Schwarzenegger's son lands movie role - Jul 11, 2012
- Tarsem Singh's 3D epic tops box office in North America - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: adam sandler, australia, baz luhrmann, bbc, bedtime stories, british writer, comedy film, danny wallace, escape 2, flick, indian film, jim carrey, madagascar, office london, protagonist, sequel, twilight, uk box office, vampire romance, yes man