Jim Carreys bungee jumping in Yes Man left Warner Bros worriedDecember 30th, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 30 (ANI): When film actor/comedian Jim Carrey was shooting for his new movie Yes Man, he left the producers and Warner Bros worried after opting to do a bungee jumping scene by himself.
In the movie, Carrey plays a character by the name of Carl Allen, a man who took a vow to never say the word no, and who on the saying of his girlfriend to jump off a bridge takes her word literally.
The actor was eager to do the jump himself.
While Warner Bros suits were against it and preferred a stunt man to take his place, the producers wanted to keep their star and studio happy.
The studio was very apprehensive about it, the Daily Telegraph quoted Yes Man producer Richard Zanuck as saying.
The three parties were eventually able to come to an agreement, and they decided that the actor would do the jump, but it would take place at the end.
The only condition they made us agree to was we do it on the last day of photography, Zanuck said.
So, earlier this year, on the final day of photography for Yes Man, a bungee cord was attached to the ankles of a nervous Carrey, who survived unscathed and left the studio suits breathing a sigh of relief.
It was exhilarating, Carrey exclaimed about the jump.
Yes Man opens in Australian theatres on January 1. (ANI)
- Carrey out of 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel - Jun 21, 2012
- Charlie Sheen files $100m lawsuit against Warner Bros - Mar 11, 2011
- Ramayana To Be Distributed By Warner Bros - Sep 15, 2010
- Hollywood producer Richard Zanuck dies - Jul 14, 2012
- Johnny Depp to star in 'Dark Shadows' - Nov 06, 2010
- Warner Bros give the green light for 'Green Lantern 2' - Jun 28, 2011
- 'Sherlock Holmes 3' is in the pipeline - Oct 24, 2011
- Warner Bros to distribute 'Ramayana - The Epic' - Sep 14, 2010
- No 3-D format for upcoming Harry Potter film - Oct 09, 2010
- Johnny Depp to act in 'Carter Beats the Devil' - Jun 30, 2011
- Guillermo to direct remake of `Beauty and the Beast' - Feb 15, 2012
- Amazon.com Launches Movie Studio - Nov 18, 2010
- Sheen should beg for 'Two And A Half Men' return: Baldwin - Mar 14, 2011
- Leonardo DiCaprio to play FBI founder - Jun 19, 2010
- Stephen King's 'The Stand' heads to the big screen - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: ankles, australian theatres, bridge, bungee cord, comedian, daily telegraph, film actor, girlfriend, january 1, jim carrey, melbourne, photography, producers, richard zanuck, sigh of relief, studio suits, stunt man, vow, warner bros, yes man