Jim Carrey reveals fears over gay kiss in filmJanuary 21st, 2009 - 4:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 21 (ANI): Canadian-American film actor Jim Carrey has revealed that while deciding on whether to take up the role of a homosexual convict in I Love You Phillip Morris, he battled fears that he might discover that he enjoyed kissing men, which could affect him in real life.
The film stars Carrey stars as jailed con artist Steven Jay Russell who falls in love with his cellmate Phillip Morris, played by Ewan McGregor.
The two actors locked lips for the comedy drama, prompting the actor to wonder what effect it would have on him and his relationship with Jenny McCarthy, if he found himself enjoying it.
“I did find myself wondering what will people think? And what if I like it? And how will that affect me? And Jenny?” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
His co-star McGregor, however, did not find it awkward.
“It wasn”t awkward. You”re not playing a gay or a straight character. You”re playing someone who’’s in love… As an actor you”re always looking for interesting stories. I”ve played gay characters so I”ve kissed men before, he said.
“It’’s about getting on with it. And it all felt strangely usual,” he added. (ANI)
- Jim Carrey Loved Kissing His Male Co Star In His Latest Flick! - Dec 03, 2010
- Jim Carrey says Ewan McGregor is a great kisser - Dec 01, 2010
- Review Of ‘I Love You Phillip Morris’: Crazy Love Story Of A Gay Conman - Dec 02, 2010
- Ewan McGregor, Jim Carreys reel experience with real inmates - Jan 23, 2009
- Jim Carrey: Love Doesn’t Work For Him! - Dec 16, 2010
- Carrey hates homophobic bullies - Dec 27, 2010
- Ewan McGregor still in love with Princess Leia from Star Wars - May 22, 2010
- Carrey, McGregor liplock for a movie - Aug 28, 2008
- Mcgregor wants a break for family time - Jan 23, 2012
- McGregor to take part in charity yacht race - Aug 08, 2011
- 'Star Wars' team celebrates 30th anniversary of 'The Empire Strikes Back' - May 21, 2010
- Everyone has a bit of Scrooge in him: Jim Carrey (Interview) - Nov 07, 2009
- McGregor hates comic book movies - Mar 10, 2012
- Carrey unsure of finding long love - Jul 02, 2011
- Jim Carrey wants to marry Emma Stone - Aug 26, 2011
Tags: actor jim carrey, actors, american film actor, cellmate, co star, comedy drama, con artist, convict, ewan mcgregor, fears, film stars, gay characters, gay kiss, jenny mccarthy, jim carrey, kissing men, lips, Phillip Morris, relationship, steven jay russell