Jim Carrey, Jenny McCarthy had their families fall for their fake proposalApril 15th, 2009 - 5:46 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 15 (ANI): Hollywood actor Jim Carrey and his lover Jenny McCarthy made their families actually believe that they were going to walk down the aisle, when they faked a proposal on the Ellen De Generes show.
The ‘Bruce Almighty’ actor got down on his knees and popped the question to McCarthy, when they appeared on the live show.
However, Carrey’s proposal was interrupted with bells as soon as he said “Will you…”
Though it was all part of a joke, their families and friends felt that they would actually tied the knot.
“Jim’s entire Canadian relatives (didn’t know), nor did any of my friends, and even my mom (said), ‘For Pete’s sake, Jenny, you didn’t even tell me.’ I’m like, ‘Mom, the bell’s went off - it was a joke,” Contactmusic quoted McCarthy as saying.
“We had to do damage control the rest of the day,” she added.
McCarthy revealed that she was so overwhelmed by the proposal that she actually began crying when he went down on his knees on the show.
“I really started crying because I was like, ‘Oh my God, look how sweet he is right now,” she said. (ANI)
- McCarthy's son misses Carrey - Jun 07, 2012
- Relationship with Carrey stopped being fun: McCarthy - Sep 28, 2010
- Jim Carrey moving on from Jenny McCarthy split - Oct 07, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy opens about school bullying terror - Oct 06, 2010
- Jason Toohey Dating Jenny McCarthy - Oct 18, 2010
- Carrey unsure of finding long love - Jul 02, 2011
- McCarthy turned to therapy after split from Carrey - Oct 04, 2010
- Jim Carrey, Jenny McCarthy announce split on Twitter - Apr 07, 2010
- Is Jim Carrey Dating Indian model Anchal Joseph? - Jan 22, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy spotted with a 'mystery man' in Las Vegas - May 08, 2010
- Jim Carrey dates Russian student - Dec 29, 2011
- Jenny McCarthy took therapy after split with Jim Carrey. - Oct 04, 2010
- Jason and Jenny dating - Aug 18, 2010
- Jenny McCarthy shuts school for autistic children - Apr 10, 2010
- Jim Carey teaches acting to girlfriend's son - Dec 08, 2009