Jim Carrey calls Yes Man costar Rhys Darby a “brilliant colleagueDecember 22nd, 2008 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 22 (ANI): Hollywood funnyman Jim Carrey has called his Yes Man co-star Rhys Darby as an “absolutely brilliant” colleague to work with.
Darby plays the role of a friendly boss, who is desperate to befriend Carrey’’s uptight protagonist, in the Peyton Reed film, an adaptation of Danny Wallace’’s bestselling book.
Carrey paid tribute to the New Zealand actor at a London press conference.
“He’’s got that Peter Sellers madness inside of him,” Contactmusic quoted Carrey as saying.
“It worked out so perfectly, because my character is broken, he doesn”t want to be involved with anybody and Norman, Rhys” character, is so full of love and so wants to be my friend that it becomes incredibly painful for my character.
“The worst thing in the world when you want to be left alone is to have somebody coming at you with open-faced love and Rhys was just genius at it,” he added. (ANI)
- Jim Carrey took 'Yes Man' for positive script - Dec 24, 2008
- Jim Carrey's Daughter Jane Carrey Divorcing Alex Santana - Dec 08, 2010
- Jim Carrey: Love Doesn’t Work For Him! - Dec 16, 2010
- Everyone has a bit of Scrooge in him: Jim Carrey (Interview) - Nov 07, 2009
- Carrey hates homophobic bullies - Dec 27, 2010
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel back on track - Aug 04, 2012
- Jim Carrey: Love Beckons! - Jan 15, 2011
- Stewart wants evil role - May 19, 2012
- Jim Carrey reveals origin of his comic talent - Jan 02, 2010
- Scandinavian master of suspense finds inspiration from India (With Image) - May 17, 2011
- Jim Carrey masters Korean for a scene in new film - Dec 12, 2008
- Carrey agrees to appear on chat show after 17 years - Jan 10, 2011
- Jim Carrey Loved Kissing His Male Co Star In His Latest Flick! - Dec 03, 2010
- Jim Carrey blasts Cruise, Jolie on live TV - Nov 11, 2009
- Jenny McCarthy: Dating Jason Toohey, Writes Racy Romance - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: adaptation, bestselling book, boss, co star, colleague, costar, danny wallace, funnyman jim carrey, genius, hollywood, jim carrey, london press conference, madness, new zealand, peter sellers, peyton reed, protagonist, rhys darby, tribute, zealand actor