Jim Carrey And NBC Asked To Apologise For Hurting Hindu SentimentsJanuary 17th, 2011 - 9:52 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
The NBC channel has done something along with Hollywood star Jim Carrey that fetched them the ire of the Hindus. On ‘Saturday Night Live’ show of NBC, it showed Lord Ganesh in a sex act, which hurt the sentiments of the Hindus and they claimed an apology from the channel, the actor and all those responsible for the act.
Speaking from Nevada, USA, Rajan Zed, a Hindu statesman said that Lord Ganesh is highly respected in Hinduism and is worshipped in home shrines and temples. He added that this Lord cannot be used to dramatize any show in TV as it hurts the devotees when something like this is shown without any scriptural backing.
The January episode of NBC’s SNL titled ‘The Wrath of Ganesh’ Jim Carrey and Kenan Thomson elaborated a sexual technique. While doing so, the actors’ duo made funny mention of the elephant-headed god and his trunk.
Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, added that such an act has offended the one billion Hindu people across the world and asked the channel to remove the episode from all the websites and any other links. He further added that they should not inappropriately drag any Hindu deities for commercial use in the future. Zed asked the actors, producer and Chief Executive Officer of NBC Jeff Zucker to sincerely apologize publicly for this.
Rajan Zed further said that Hindusim has welcomed Hollywood and all other entertainment industries but it should be taken seriously and respectfully.
We hope, the channel and the actors offer their apology very soon because no one has the right to hurt any religion’s sentiments!
- Christians-Buddhists-Jews support Hindus upset over depiction of Lord Ganesh as sex act - Jan 31, 2011
- Jews back Hindus asking apology from Jim Carrey, NBC for mocking Lord Ganesh - Jan 22, 2011
- Catholics back Hindus protesting over mockery of Lord Ganesh by Carrey on NBC - Feb 05, 2011
- Hindus upset with Jim Carrey, NBC for mocking Lord Ganesh - Jan 17, 2011
- Jim Carrey And NBC Are At The Receiving End From Hindus - Jan 24, 2011
- America's top civil rights group backs Hindus upset with NBC over Lord Ganesh mockery - Feb 07, 2011
- Buddhists seek "heartfelt apology from all involved" in Jim Carrey's mockery of Hindu Lord Ganesh - Jan 23, 2011
- More religious leaders seek apology for Lord Ganesh mockery in SNL skit of Jim Carrey - Jan 26, 2011
- Hindus upset over trivialization of their gods in an Hollywood TV episode - Apr 24, 2010
- Hindus express concern about "Ramayana-The Epic" film - Oct 16, 2010
- Hollywood diva Brandy Norwood gets Hindu Lord Ganesh tattoo - Dec 29, 2010
- Hindus urge makers of Hollywood animation film on Mahabharata not to re-imagine the scripture - Aug 27, 2010
- Hindus find Boy George's 'Amazing Grace' disrespectful - Feb 02, 2011
- Hindus want comics to accurately portray scriptural heroes and tales - Mar 07, 2011
- Sending Ganesh-Chaturthi greetings, Zed urges Hindus undertake deeper study of scriptures - Aug 16, 2010
Tags: chief executive officer, entertainment industries, hindu deities, hindu statesman, hindus, hindusim, hollywood star, hurting hindu, jim carrey, kenan thomson, lord ganesh, nbc channel, nevada usa, rajan zed, saturday night live, saturday night live show, sex act, sexual technique, star jim carrey, universal society