Jiah Khan Gets Reprieve Courtesy Ghajini Producer, Signs 3-Film DealApril 15th, 2009 - 12:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
Incensed by the outrageous ouster of Jiah Khan from Ken Ghosh’s Yahoo the Ghajini producer Madhu Mantena has immediately signed Jiah for a 3-film deal.
“I think I owe her that,” says Madhu Mantena. “Specially after the way she has been treated.”
Jiah who has so far been very quiet about the unceremonious dismissal finally spoke up about being sacked after shooting 90 percent of the film.
“What can I say? The producer and director know best. God has a unique way of even-ing things out. I must admit I was very low after what happened. When Madhu’s call came it was like a sign from heaven.”
The actress met up with the producer on Monday afternoon. One of the films that Jiah has apparently been signed for is the much talked-about sequel to Ghajini.
Jiah has learnt the virtues of caution. “It’s much too early to talk about what we’re doing together. But the important thing is , Madhu came forward when he thought I was in a situation. UTV whose film Yahoo I lost(apparently because the role was changed, and I’ve no reason to disbelieve them) have also signed me for a 2-film deal.”
Why sign Jiah for 2 films after sacking her?
Jiah shrugs. “I’m too small too new and too much of an outsider to comment on why UTV did what they did. I did work for almost two years on Yahoo. I performed a very difficult dance number wuth Shahid. And I was very proud of matching steps with Shahid. Like I said it’s not mine to question why.”
Jiah has also signed Sajid Khan’s House Full where she has two other leading ladies Deepika Padukone and Lara Dutt fighting for Akshay Kumar’s attentions.
“But I’ve my own track. And I get to do comedy for the first time. I was very good at comedy in acting school.”
Then after a pause she says, “At last I’ve something to laugh about”.
The hurt of rejection and betrayal is barely concealed under the wry laughter. -Sampurn Media
- Jiah Khan signs three-film deal with 'Ghajini' producer - Apr 19, 2009
- It's unconventional love story for Sonakshi, Ranveer - Oct 25, 2011
- Jiah Khan signs two-film deal with UTV - Apr 13, 2009
- No more romantic films: Abbas Tyrewala - Jan 13, 2011
- Ranveer to woo Sonakshi with Dev Anand's songs - Dec 15, 2011
- Rakta Charitra: Why Did It Fail At Bollywood Box Office? - Dec 06, 2010
- Rajkumar Gupta teams with Emraan for comedy - Dec 12, 2011
- John climbs billboard to unveil 'Jhootha Hi Sahi' first look - Aug 13, 2010
- Hindi remake of 'Vettai' to go on floor with Shahid in lead - Apr 26, 2012
- Presenting Akshay Kumar, the bowler - May 09, 2010
- Nandana, Mantena part ways, say they'll team up for film - May 15, 2012
- Why's Sushmita not participating in 'No Problem' promotion? - Dec 08, 2010
- Akshay Kumar In Ghajini Director's Next, Vipul Shah To Produce - Jun 15, 2010
- 'Ghajini' three hours long, but makers not worried - Dec 17, 2008
- John Abraham to play warrior in period film - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: acting school, akshay kumar, attentions, betrayal, dance number, deepika padukone, film deal, jiah khan, ken ghosh, lara dutt, mantena, monday afternoon, ouster, outsider, reprieve, shahid, shrugs, subhash, utv, virtues