‘Jhalak…’ taught me to overpower my emotions: Gauhar KhanApril 23rd, 2009 - 11:27 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Model Gauhar Khan, who grabbed attention not only for her dance moves but also for her teary outbursts on the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”, says that during the course of the show she learnt to overpower her emotions.
“It was very challenging for me to deal with my emotions and overpower them because I am a very emotional person. But I realised that because of this a lot of time my intentions are being misinterpreted. So, through this show, I made an effort to learn to hide my weakness,” Gauhar told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
In the show that airs on Sony Channel and started with 12 celebrities from different walks of life, the audience often witnessed Gauhar bursting into tears. The main reason for these outbursts was her differences with her former choreographer Hanif Hilal.
However, with a new choreographer, Himanshu, the 24-year-old model’s worries have been laid to rest.
Talking about her camaraderie with Himanshu, she said: “He is a great person. We are not only professionally comfortable with each other but we are great friends too, something that I could never establish with Hanif. We work as a team and he is not someone who thinks that he knows everything. He is always open to suggestions and I respect that.”
Gauhar, who was eliminated from the show earlier, re-entered through a wild card entry after getting the maximum votes.
“I feel great on returning, I’m very excited. It is a new lease of life for me and I want to make the most of it,” she said.
The model, who eventually wants to pursue acting, decided to give her nod to the show since “it is a great platform”.
“I decided to take up ‘Jhalak…’ because I thought it’s a great platform. I am a model by profession, but I have always been interested in dancing. Through this show I knew I will get to learn a lot of dance forms,” said Gauhar, who is getting various offers but has not zeroed in on anything.
When asked about her favourite judge, the model said that all three “hold different positions” in her life.
“I am fond of all the three judges. They all have different positions in my life. Saroj Khan is someone I have been completely inspired by and I respect. Juhi Chawla is someone who always understood me.
“As far as Vaibhavi Merchant is concerned, I give a very close attention to her comments because she comes out with a fair judgement and since I am passionately in love with dance, I pay a lot of heed to her instructions,” Gauhar said.
Gauhar, who doesn’t consider anyone her competition in the show, says that at the moment she is only concentrating on bettering her performance.
“At the moment my focus is to only better myself every week. I am not concentrating on others. I want to become so good that others find it difficult to reach my level,” Gauhar said.
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- Age no bar to Avika Gor for essaying new roles - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot to begin September (Movie Snippets) - May 09, 2012
- Isha may win 'Jhalak...': Archana Vijaya - Jul 15, 2012
- Debina my lady luck: Gurmeet Chowdhary (TV Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- Wanted to inspire housewives: Jayati Bhatia - Jul 29, 2012
- I promise that I will be back with a big bang - Gauhar Khan - Apr 12, 2009
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Delnaaz Paul wants to do innovative work - Aug 18, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- Hanif Back With A Bang With One Of The Highest Scores On Jhalak - Mar 18, 2009
- It was an amazing experience: Sanath Jayasuriya - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Abhishek Awasthi eye on Jhalak Dikhla jaa - Sep 27, 2010
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: airs, bursting into tears, camaraderie, choreographer, dance forms, dance moves, emotional person, gauhar khan, great friends, jaa, maximum votes, New Delhi, new lease, nod, old model, open to suggestions, reality show, sony channel, walks of life, wild card