Jewellery still with customs, says Minissha LambaJune 3rd, 2011 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 3 (IANS) Though tight-lipped about the legal proceeding, actress Minissha Lamba, who was recently detained at Mumbai airport for carrying undeclared jewellery worth Rs.50 lakh, says the jewellery is still in the possession of the customs authorities.
“It’s still on. It’s not over, unfortunately. Everything is still with customs. It’s a legal matter, I am not supposed to speak about it,” Minissha, 26, told IANS.
Lamba was intercepted by the customs officers May 18 while she was crossing the green channel at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai. She was apparently returning after attending the Cannes Films Festival in France.
Reportedly in her statement to the customs department, the actress had said that the jewels belonged to Anmol Jewellers and she carried them to Cannes for promotional purposes.
- Minissha Lamba held at airport with undeclared jewellery - May 19, 2011
- I paid Rs.12,000 for excess baggage: Bipasha - May 26, 2011
- It is an open and shut case: Minissha - May 20, 2011
- Bipasha pays for excess baggage at airport (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Not questioned by customs: Dia Mirza - Jan 07, 2012
- Ekta Kapoor detained at airport, released - Aug 08, 2011
- Bipasha detained at airport, pays Rs.12,000 (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Airport detentions on the rise for Bollywood stars - Jun 29, 2011
- I'll go to Cannes every year now: Minissha Lamba (Interview) - May 22, 2011
- Mallika Sherawat's brother detained at Mumbai airport - Jun 07, 2011
- Dia Mirza fined for undeclared goods by customs - Jan 07, 2012
- Shobhaa De takes a dig at Cannes-returned Minissha (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2011
- 'Peddlers' team in customs hassle - May 31, 2012
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Goa's Education Minister detained at Mumbai airport - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: actress, cannes, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, customs authorities, customs department, customs officers, films, jewels, june 3, lakh, legal matter, legal proceeding, minissha lamba, mumbai airport, possession, worth rs