Jessie J working on musicalApril 24th, 2012 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 24 (IANS) Singer Jessie J, who suffered a stroke when she was 18, is writing a feel-good musical. She wants the show to inspire youngsters who wish to achieve their dreams.
Currently seen as a mentor on US-based reality show “The Voice”, Jessie J believes the tough love of one of her teachers helped her become a star, and insists she wants to do the same for her contestants on the show, reports contactmusic.com.
“I would love to do musicals. That is what I trained in. I’ve started writing one but it’s kind of been put to the side,” she told radio.com.
“It’s about life and feeling good. It’s about time there’s something on stage that kids can go to and come out thinking they can take on the world and do something with their life if they are in a bad place,” she said while explaining the script.
- Jessie J working on musical - Apr 24, 2012
- Music is my drug: Jessie J (Interview) (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Rihanna is beautiful: Jessie J - Mar 28, 2012
- Jessie J wants to return back after illness - Jul 24, 2012
- Jessie J to show pain in next album - Dec 28, 2011
- Jessie J wants own perfume - May 21, 2012
- Sir Tom Jones wanted singing advice: Jessie J - Mar 27, 2012
- Watson wants to do varied things - Sep 09, 2012
- Jessie dreams of saving the world with music - Jul 04, 2011
- Not working in Houston biopic: Rihanna - May 18, 2012
- Berry affected by motherhood - Apr 23, 2012
- Jessie J wants to change transvestite look - May 30, 2012
- Joss Stone turns down an offer from 'The Voice' - Jul 30, 2012
- Carey Mulligan keen to adapt book into film - Jan 13, 2012
- Music is always my first love: Aguilera - Sep 19, 2011