Jessie J scared of crazy fanApril 1st, 2012 - 6:36 am ICT by IANS
London, April 1 (IANS) Jessie J is living in fear after a crazy fan broke her own leg to look like the British singer.
The fan said that she damaged the limb so that she could wear a cast like Jessie did after breaking her foot last year, reports thesun.co.uk.
The fan, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, also bombarded the star with a string of disturbing messages, including: “I will do anything to be just like you.”
A source close to Jessie, who helped The Voice pull in 9.3 million viewers on its BBC1 debut last week, said: “She’s horrified this happened. Jessie’s a really, really sensitive and kind girl who loves keeping in touch with her fans.
“But this incident was just too much for her and she ended up getting really frightened and upset. She was sad that a fan hurt herself to look like her - but she was also scared for her own safety.”
Jessie, 24, who has dubbed her army of fans “Heartbeats”, has now stepped up her number of minders. In the past year she has also been targeted by web trolls mocking her weight, dress sense, and hairstyle.
- Jessie J wants to change transvestite look - May 30, 2012
- Music is my drug: Jessie J (Interview) (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Gaga fears dying like Lady Diana - Dec 08, 2011
- The Wanted rescue fan who fainted - Jul 10, 2012
- Jessie J owns a Mercedes SLK she can't drive - Jun 01, 2011
- I'm not bisexual: Jessie J - Apr 21, 2012
- Whitney's girl seen kissing 'adopted' brother - Mar 12, 2012
- Gaga goes topless to promote tour - Feb 12, 2012
- Knightley didn't like music while growing up - Jun 19, 2012
- Konecki gives Adele Caribbean-themed party - Aug 30, 2012
- Scherzinger wants to start family - Sep 01, 2012
- Jessie J smitten by Tempah - Apr 01, 2012
- Britney Spears takes up golf - May 22, 2012
- Minaj guilty for closing Twitter account - Apr 24, 2012
- I don't think I'm attractive: Mila Kunis - Jun 17, 2012