Jessica Simpson’s fashion line expected to make $1bn in sales next yearDecember 7th, 2010 - 6:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 7 (ANI): Jessica Simpson’s music career may not be doing well as of late, but her clothing brand is bringing home lots of money.
Reports are abuzz that her collection is expected to pull in 1 billion dollars in sales next year, reports the CBS News.
According to Women’s Wear Daily, Simpson’s fashion line, which includes handbags, clothing, shoes, accessories, fragrance and luggage at affordable price points, racked up 750 million dollars in sales this year alone.
“She is the girl next door and has great product that surrounds her,” said Vince Camuto, who owns the brand’s master license.
“People like her. People look at her as a style icon,” he added.
Simpson, who recently got engaged to NFL player Eric Johnson, is expanding her collection with a sportswear line, due next fall.
“Since entering the fashion industry, I’ve envisioned including a sportswear line in my lifestyle brand,” Simpson said in a press release.
“This new sportswear line reflects my evolving style, which combines comfort, femininity and flirty fun,” she added. (ANI)
- Herrera sketches `very flirty' woman in new collection - Sep 11, 2012
- Paris Hilton to visit Mumbai - Sep 06, 2011
- Simpson sisters team up for fashion - Jun 03, 2011
- Simpson to endorse maternity wear range - May 15, 2012
- Jessica Simpson to launch 'flirty' swimwear collection - Dec 25, 2009
- From apparel to laptop accessories, Satya Paul explores new avenues - Jun 07, 2012
- Jessica Simpson designing fashion watches range - Feb 18, 2010
- Hollywood style icons turn fashion designers - Aug 06, 2010
- Maddona to launch shoe range - Mar 14, 2012
- Jessica Simpson's perfume called 'I Fancy You' - Jul 08, 2011
- Dream come true for Malini Ramani with interiors' foray (With Images) - Dec 18, 2011
- My new fragrance is richer and provocative: Jessica Simpson - May 15, 2010
- Mischa to launch retro clothing range - Mar 02, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Madonna's clothing line extension of her daughter's style - Jun 24, 2010
Tags: 1 billion dollars, bringing home, cbs news, clothing shoes, eric johnson, fashion industry, fashion line, femininity, fragrance, girl next door, jessica simpson, lifestyle brand, lots of money, million dollars, money reports, music career, nfl player, sportswear line, style icon, vince camuto