Jessica Simpson, Eva Mendes, Jessica Alba ‘too were bullied at school’October 6th, 2010 - 2:50 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 6 (ANI): If you thought you were the only victim of bullies back in school, you are wrong - even stars like Jessica Alba, Jessica Simpson and Eva Mendes were teased and tormented when they were younger.
Chris Colfer, who is an often-bullied geek on ‘Glee’ doesn’t have to try too hard to act his role, because he was more or less a “a walking punching bag,” and was “teased everyday from elementary school until high school,” reports People magazine.
Gossip Girl’s Michelle Trachtenberg has also been physically harassed.
“This one girl threw me down a flight of stairs, fractured my ribs, punched and fractured my nose,” she told Complex magazine.
Alba to the U.K.’s Daily Mirror, “I was bullied so badly my dad used to have to walk me into school so I didn’t get attacked.”
“When I finally stood up to my bully, that’s when things changed for me,” said Mendes.
Some celebrities are taking their negative teen experiences and turning them into a way to help others.
“People say sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you, but that’s not true,” said Demi Lovato, who is involved with PACER’s Teens Against Bullying organization, on PACER’s Web site.
“Words can hurt. They hurt me. Things were said to me that I still haven’t forgotten,” she wrote.
“I know what it’s like to feel alone and outcast,” said Brittany Snow, who started her own organization last week, in the wake of recent teen suicides.
Ashley Tisdale told People, “I just hope, and I really want to stress to kids that after high school, it’s so much better.” (ANI)
- Michelle Trachtenberg 'thrilled' school bullies will see her Maxim cover - Feb 13, 2011
- Alba lashes out at Hollywood for pigeonholing Hispanic actresses - Jul 14, 2010
- 'Glee' Wins Big at the Golden Globe Awards - Jan 17, 2011
- Stewart bullied for hairy legs - Jun 26, 2012
- Jessica Alba advices hypnobirthing - May 19, 2011
- Ashley Tisdale poses naked for magazine photo shoot - Apr 13, 2011
- Jessica Alba reveals being bullied at school - Oct 01, 2009
- Stewart bullied in school because of acting - Sep 15, 2010
- Eva Mendes would rather be considered funny than sexy - Jan 23, 2011
- Demi Lovato thanks fans for 'supporting' her - Jan 11, 2011
- Ignoring best policy: Alba on rumours - Mar 18, 2012
- Jessica Alba stops fan undergoing 'lookalike surgery' - Jun 25, 2010
- Jessica Alba to spend birthday in White House - Apr 14, 2012
- Christine Hendricks wants to look like Jessica Alba - Jul 02, 2010
- Boyle opens up about her teen bullies - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: alba jessica, ashley tisdale, brittany snow, colfer, complex magazine, daily mirror, eva mendes, even stars, flight of stairs, gossip girl, jessica alba, magazine gossip, michelle trachtenberg, own organization, pacer, people magazine, punching bag, sticks and stones, teen experiences, teen suicides