Jessica Pitti poses in Alexander McQueen inspired gummy bear dressJuly 9th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, July 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In some bizarre news, a gown inspired by the designing great Alexander McQueen has been created and the shocking bit is that it is made entirely of gummy bears.
Colorful gummy bears were used to create this sweet and pretty gown. The makers of the gown apparently used up more than 50,000 gummy bears to create this Alexander McQueen dress.
This innovative dress weighs more than 220 pounds and it is fully handmade. According to reports it is apparently the brainchild of Hissa Igarashi and Sayuri Marakumi. They are the editor-in-chief and fashion editor of the new Twelv Magazine.
The Twelv team took around three hours to fix 50,000 gummy bears onto wire and vinyl, in order to create such a news-worthy gown. Even though the dress took just 3 hours to be created, the photo shoot of the dress took much longer. Model Jessica Pitti wore the sticky dress and posed in photographs for it. The photo shoot took around 5 hours.
The innovative dress isn’t sure for the calorie conscious people because 50,000 gummy bears means an equivalent of around 4,356,000 calories.
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- US First Lady wears Alexander McQueen to state dinner - Jan 20, 2011
- Jessica Chastain's Oscar dress turns heads - Feb 27, 2012
- McQueen's successor to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress? - Mar 07, 2011
- Hollywood stars attend Alexander McQueen's memorial service - Sep 21, 2010
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Now, buy the 'World's largest gummy worm and bear' along with tips to eat - Oct 26, 2010
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Cate Blanchett wears Alexander McQueen to Cannes - May 13, 2010
- Kate's ex-designer 'upset' over double snub - May 01, 2011
- Catherine's wedding gown to go on display - Jun 07, 2011
- Hilfiger wants to dress Princess Catherine - May 11, 2011
- Was Kate's wedding gown inspired by Grace Kelly's nuptial dress? - Apr 30, 2011
- Pippa Middleton's derriere has its own Facebook fan sites - Apr 30, 2011