Jessica Mauboy paid Snoop Dogg hefty sum to rapNovember 4th, 2010 - 5:57 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 04 (ANI): Australian R ‘n’ B singer Jessica Mauboy has revealed that she had to pay rapper Snoop Dogg a hefty sum to get him to rap on her song ‘GetEmGirls’.
Mauboy, 21, also said that she could have bought a house with the money she paid Snoop Dogg, 39, and Ludacris, 33, to rap on her song.
“I wanted to be able to work with a variety of songwriters. Its another level. But never did I think I’d have Snoop or Ludacris on one of my tracks,” the Daily Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“It’s pretty crazy,” she stated.
On the amount of money she spent to get them for the guest raps, she said she pretty much gave them everything she had in the bank.
“That was surprising, but surprisingly they loved the songs. I showed Get Em Girls to Ludacris, he hated it. It wasn’t really his style I guess. At the time I was thinking about a female rapper like Nicki Minaj,” she said.
“I never thought about Snoop. It never crossed my mind. When I heard him on it it was a major turning point. He loved the track, he wanted to do the rap and he got paid for it, so everyone’s happy,” she added. (ANI)
- Katy Perry's voice disappointing, says Jessica Mauboy - Nov 17, 2010
- Madonna teams up with Minaj for new single - Oct 29, 2011
- Minaj finds it boring to look sexy - Feb 15, 2012
- "Super Bass" Lyrics Rapped By Taylor Swift - Feb 05, 2011
- Amber Rose Has Still Not Wilted - Nov 17, 2010
- Nicki Minaj shuts down Times Square - Apr 08, 2012
- Nicki Minaj teaches rap to Stephan - Mar 31, 2012
- Minaj 'overtly fondled' at airport - Jul 10, 2012
- Minaj wants baby in five years - May 11, 2012
- Kanye West wins best rap song, album awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Why did Minaj quit Twitter? - Apr 21, 2012
- Nicki Minaj steps away from bisexual image - Nov 24, 2010
- Snoop Dogg needs weed for inspiration - Aug 06, 2012
- I bought weed from Snoop Dogg: Cameron Diaz - Jan 21, 2011
- Nicki Minaj laughs off rumours of a lesbian relationship with Rihanna - Jan 16, 2011