Jessica Alba says ’sorry’ for shark-conservation postersJune 10th, 2009 - 3:05 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 10 (ANI): Jessica Alba has apologised for plastering shark-conservation posters around Oklahoma City.
The ‘Fantastic Four’ actress has issued an apology after the stunt got publicised on the web, and even sparked a police investigation.
“I got involved in something I should have had no part of,” the New York Daily News quoted the actress as saying in a statement on Tuesday.
She added: “I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people behind this campaign.”
The actress was forced to say sorry when police opened a probe into the giant shark posters and online photos that showed Alba with buckets of glue at the vandalism sites.
“A number of shark posters were placed around downtown with heavy-duty glue, making them darn near impossible to get off,” said Sgt. Gary Knight of the Oklahoma City Police.
He added: “It’s basically a vandalism case that could involve our new tagger laws. It will be assigned to a detective, and then we’d send it to the District Attorney’s office.”
Knight said that the 3-by-2-foot posters of great white sharks were slapped on a bridge, electrical boxes and on a United Way billboard.
Although he didn’t identify Alba by name, a police report clearly described the photos of Alba that later appeared on a blog for the conservation group White Mike.
The group was finally identified online before a local news Web site called TheLostOgle.com posted the Alba photos Monday.
But the photos then disappeared from the White Mike blog.
Alba is in Oklahoma to film the psychological thriller ‘The Killer Inside Me’. (ANI)
- Jessica Alba makes donation as apology - Jun 20, 2009
- Alba makes donation to United Way after apology for a poster - Jun 19, 2009
- Mike Parry gets a toothy picture of a white shark - Nov 05, 2011
- Jessica Alba to spend birthday in White House - Apr 14, 2012
- Alba shows off baby bump for magazine shoot - Jul 08, 2011
- Steven Spielberg's old fashioned ways - Jul 03, 2011
- Jessica Alba advices hypnobirthing - May 19, 2011
- Anne Hathaway defends 'Dark Knight Rises' outfit - Aug 10, 2011
- Jessica Alba's Unclothed Pictures Gets Leaked On Internet - Nov 09, 2010
- Celeb nude photo blogger goes underground - Mar 19, 2011
- Oklahoma wide receiver Kenny Stills poses in a purple dress - Jul 09, 2012
- US man dubbed 'most stupid criminal ever' pleads guilty to burglary - Feb 24, 2011
- Chinese squirts glue on women's hair - Jul 23, 2012
- Australian surfer dies of shark attack - Jul 14, 2012
- Now Alba calmer, rational mother - Apr 16, 2012
Tags: buckets, conservation group, conservation posters, district attorney, electrical boxes, fantastic four, gary knight, great white sharks, jessica alba, new york daily news, oklahoma city police, plastering, police investigation, police report, psychological thriller, shark conservation, shark posters, vandalism, white sharks, york daily news