Jessica Alba campaigns for education for allApril 22nd, 2010 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 22 (IANS) Hollywood actress Jessica Alba has joined New York Congresswoman Nita Lowey to help push a new bill to provide education for every child around the world.
“This is really a chance for us to make sure that every child gets an education. Seventy-two million children in the world don’t have access to education and 60 percent of them are in Africa and most of them are girls,” dailystar.co.uk quoted Alba as saying.
The “Fantastic Four” star admits she’s “thrilled” to be part of the initiative - but there won’t be any politics in her future: “What I see in my future is being a mom,” the actress said.
- Ignoring best policy: Alba on rumours - Mar 18, 2012
- Alba shows off baby bump for magazine shoot - Jul 08, 2011
- Jessica Alba taking culinary classes - May 20, 2011
- Alba watches parents renew wedding vows - Jan 08, 2011
- Halle Berry named Hollywood's hottest mum - Apr 10, 2011
- Jessica Alba jealous of Bundchen's post-baby body - Jul 14, 2011
- Sexy tag irked young Alba - May 16, 2012
- Alba doesn't like to be centre of attention - Nov 06, 2010
- Criticism helps Jessica Alba shape up performances - Nov 07, 2010
- Marrying Justin won't change anything: Biel - May 31, 2012
- Alba's daughter snatches things - May 03, 2012
- Now Alba calmer, rational mother - Apr 16, 2012
- Alba wants daughter to be trilingual - Nov 14, 2010
- It was love at first sight with Warren, says Alba - Aug 13, 2010
- Jessica Alba Shakes A Leg For Jimmy Fallon - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: africa, campaigns, congresswoman nita lowey, education, fantastic four, four star, girls, hollywood, hollywood actress, initiative, jessica alba, london, mom, new york congresswoman, nita lowey, two million