‘Jersey Shore’ is just like prison with cameras, says SnookiMarch 3rd, 2011 - 4:27 pm ICT by ANI
New York, March 3 (ANI): Nicole (Snooki) Polizzi has blamed “Jersey Shore” for her ill reputation and the claims the show is ‘just like prison with cameras’.
The pint-sized star told Rolling Stone that the MTV reality show has made her a household name, but not for all the right reasons.
“If I do something stupid [on the show], which is pretty much the whole time, I hate it. I just hate it,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying in the magazine’s March 10 issue.
“Obviously, they’re only going to put the good stuff in, and the good stuff is us drunk, so all I’m seeing is me drunk and falling down.
“That’s how I am when I party, but some of the stuff I do is, like, ‘Really, Nicole?’ I look like a freakin’ alcoholic. I’m like, ‘You’re sweating. Your makeup is running. You look gross.’ I just look like s—.
“The only person I’ve had sex with on ‘Jersey Shore’ is my boyfriend [Jionni LaValle].
“The guys you see me bring home, we’re only cuddling and making out like any other person would do, but we’re on camera and the whole world’s seeing it, and it does look like I’m having sex,” she said.
The reality star said the MTV cameras, in fact, are the cause of most of the cast mates’ stress.
“It messes with your head. That’s why we go crazy,” Snooki said.
“That’s why we fight with each other. That’s why we drink. We’re living in a house for two months with that s—.”
“We can’t have cell phones, TV, radio or the Internet.
“If the President died, we’d have no idea. There’s no normalcy. It’s just like prison with cameras,” the 23-year-old said.
However, Snooki also realizes that she has the show to thank for her notoriety, which she plans on parlaying into TV gold for years to come.
“When ‘Jersey Shore’ ends I’m going to do more spin-offs,” she said.
“If MTV doesn’t want them, another network will be, like, ‘What does Snooki do now?’ or, ‘Snooki’s getting married!’ ” she said.
She’s even looking at a former MTV reality star’s career for guidance.
“What I’d like is to turn out like Jessica Simpson, with her whole brand. She makes millions,” Snooki said. (ANI)
- It'll be a boy for Snooki - May 25, 2012
- Matured by pregnancy, says Snooki - Apr 28, 2012
- New mom Snooki not a party girl anymore - Sep 05, 2012
- Is Jersey Shore star Snooki pregnant with her first child? - Feb 01, 2012
- I can't be as big as Jessica: Snooki - Apr 28, 2012
- Snooki put on make-up before giving birth - Sep 08, 2012
- Snooki tweets a picture of herself without makeup - Jan 20, 2012
- ‘Jersey Shore’ Is Back For The Third Season - Dec 23, 2010
- Snooki has confirmed she's pregnant - Mar 09, 2012
- 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki to pen own fictional tome - Sep 30, 2010
- Deena Nicole Cortese Replaces Angelina "Jolie" Pivarnick In "Jersey Shore" Season 3 - Aug 07, 2010
- "Jersey Shore" Trailer Revealed, Newest Member Deena Nicole Cortese Bares It All - Dec 23, 2010
- 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki 'treated for alcohol poisoning' - Sep 28, 2010
- "Jersey Shore" Starlet Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi Releases Her Book "A Shore Thing" - Jan 05, 2011
- J-Woww turns down $40k Playboy offer for 'a better opportunity' - Oct 21, 2010
Tags: cast mates, good stuff, having sex, household name, jersey shore, messes, mtv, new york daily news, normalcy, notoriety, pint, polizzi, realit, reality show, rolling stone, sized star, spin offs, tv gold, whole time, york daily news