Jerry O’Connell to play Herman Munster in TV rebootJune 6th, 2012 - 7:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, June 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Jerry O’Connell will play the role of Herman Munster, originally played by the actor Fred Gwynne in “Mockingbird Lane,” a NBC’s remake of the 1964-66 CBS sitcom “The Munsters.”
Jerry O’Connell rose to fame after starring in the TV series Sliders, My Secret Identity, Crossing Jordan and The Defenders. He has also appeared in the motion pictures Stand by Me, Kangaroo Jack, Scream 2 and Piranha 3D.
Grandpa Munster, role originated by Al Lewis, will be played by the British actor and comedian Eddie Izzard, who has appeared in many films such as Ocean’s Twelve, Ocean’s Thirteen, Shadow of the Vampire, The Cat’s Meow, Across the Universe, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and Valkyrie. Herman and Eddie, Lily’s werewolf son, will be played by Mason Cook. The executive producer of the series pilot will be Bryan Singer.
The original short-lived cult sitcom “The Munsters” was produced by Universal Studios and 70 episodes were shot. Canadian-born American actress Yvonne De Carlo played Lily Munster in the original series.
The Munsters provided a satiric interpretation of both horror and monster movies and the family entertainment that was popular in the 1960s.
- O'Connell to make Broadway debut - Sep 18, 2011
- 'Piranha 3D' to hit Indian screens Oct 29 - Oct 17, 2010
- 'Piranha 3D' gets a sequel - Aug 25, 2010
- `Ugly Betty' actress weds filmmaker Ryan Piers Williams - Jun 29, 2011
- Elijah Wood to star in 'The Hobbit' - Jan 10, 2011
- Child actor who played 'Eddie Munster' - Butch Patrick heads to rehab - Nov 12, 2010
- Eddie Munster Enters Local Jersey Rehab - Nov 12, 2010
- Men are scared of me: Tulisa Contostavlos - Sep 05, 2012
- Jerry O'Connell says no to games - Aug 17, 2009
- Russell Brand to star in 'What About Dick?' - Feb 22, 2012
- Rebecca Romijn says her twin daughters have great sense of humour - Jun 05, 2009
- Rebecca Romijn On "Project Runway" - Aug 28, 2009
- Notre Dame varsity academic says US drone strikes illegal - Oct 22, 2010
- Zac Efron wants to play baddie in a James Bond movie - Nov 23, 2009
- Elton John calls Oasis 'stupid sods' for failing to crack America - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: across the universe, actor fred gwynne, actress yvonne de carlo, american actress, cbs sitcom, chronicles of narnia prince caspian, crossing jordan, eddie izzard, herman munster, jerry o connell, kangaroo jack, lily munster, mockingbird lane, narnia prince caspian, ocean s twelve, scream 2, series pilot, shadow of the vampire, sitcom the munsters, yvonne de carlo